Chapter Twenty Seven

Sang

North stomps down the hall, and I quickly get to my feet as Mr Blackbourne and Axel follow him. Kota holds my arm, but I pull it free and chase after them. I don't want North to hurt Raven, or Raven to hurt North. At first, I was a little scared at seeing the gun but when I realised that Dr Green wasn't concerned by it, some part of me knew I'd be okay.

Footsteps follow me, some of my guys calling my name to stop, but I just rush towards North, pushing through Mr Blackbourne and Axel. North pushes the door open but before he can stomp in there, I move to stand in his path, my hands going to his white and black striped t-shirt colored chest. "Don't," I whisper.

North narrows his eyes at me. "He opened the door holding a gun, Baby. If it was anyone else, I wouldn't give a shit." He pauses and his voice is lower, softer as he says, "But it was you, Sang."

I quickly peek over my shoulder. Raven sits back in a chair in the corner of the room, his feet propped up on the bed. In his hand is a gun, a different one from the gun he had when he opened the door. His eyes are narrowed as he watches us. Marc lays on the bed, his back propped up on the headboard, arms folded across his chest. His mismatched eyes are curious as they bounce from me and then to North.

"He didn't hurt me," I whisper, turning back to North. "And I know it wasn't his intention. He was just...holding the gun."

"Baby, you're too innocent to be around guns," North says, shaking his head.

My hands drop from his chest and I step back, into Raven's room. "But I'm not innocent enough to be caught in the middle of whatever happened at the mall?" I wave my hands up and down myself. "Look at me, North. I had to change into clothes that are not mine, in front of my teacher, and act like I was having sex in the men's bathroom just to be able to get out without suspicion."

"We can explain, right?" North looks to Mr Blackbourne—who is just in my line of sight behind North but to the side—eyes wide with panic. "Right?"

Mr Blackbourne clears his throat. "We can tell her, but what we can share is limited." Mr Blackbourne's grey eyes come to me. "I'm sorry, Miss Sorensen."

I immediately feel my walls trying to be put back together. I think North, Axel, and Mr Blackbourne see it too because Axel looks to the others in confusion, while Mr Blackbourne closes his eyes, and North steps towards me. "Don't shut us out, Sang."

"No, no, no, no, no." I hear from outside the room. Gabriel is immediately pushing North out the way and putting his hands on my shoulders. "Don't shut us, Trouble. Not when you're just starting to open up. Fuck. Shit. Please."

"Why can't we just tell her?" I hear Victor say.

"It's the rules, Victor," Kota replies.

"And you're really going to follow the rules?" Nathan shouts. A bang follows. "It's fucking ridiculous."

"Break the rule's or keep Sang?" Luke says. "Pretty easy option to me."

I close my eyes and tune them out. If they can't open up and tell me everything, how do they expect me to? I thought I trusted them, and yesterday, I probably did. After all, they did try to bring me up over that balcony and when they couldn't, they sorted a plan. Mr Blackbourne stuck up for me in front of Mr Hendricks and Mr McCoy, and Victor fixed my phone.

I shake my head. I can't be open and honest if they won't do it with me. It hurts, my heart hurts, and tears prick my eyes, but I find the pricks and the crumbles of rock, and I quickly shove them all together again.

When I open my eyes, it's Gabriel's and Nathan's faces swimming in my view. Gabriel steps back after staring at my eyes for not even three seconds, and Nathan curses under his breath. "She's done it. She shut us out," Nathan whispers.

I shake my head and when I head for the door, Nathan, Gabriel, and North move out of the way for me to leave. Mr Blackbourne is staring at the ground when I exit the room, and Axel is looking at him with a frown. Looking to the others, I find Luke with his forehead resting against the wall, and Victor with his hands over his face. Silas and Kota are watching me carefully, and Dr Green is glaring at Mr Blackbourne over my head.

I walk past them and into the family room. I go for the bag and open it up, pulling out the clothes Dr Green was wearing to get to mine. I unzip the pink jacket, throwing it to the side as I pull on my baggy t-shirt over the tank. I keep the pink tracksuit bottoms on but pull on my hoodie over my t-shirt.

I grab the baseball cap Dr Green was wearing and put it on my head, wearing it down low but rummaging through the pockets of my jeans for my phone and the little cash I had on me, the only source I have to get home.

Then I grab my camera, hooking the strap over my head and letting it hang. I turn around and head for the door, not giving the boys my attention as I leave.

Pulling the door open, I fly through it, only to bump into a brick wall. I stumble back as a hand wraps around my upper arm to steady me. I blink and look up, unsure of what I would find.

Double. I'm seeing double.

I shake my head, blinking a few times as I do. But when I focus them back on the guys that stand in front of me, I realise that I'm still seeing double...twins to be exact.

Both have sun kissed skin and dirty blonde hair that has light blonde strands running through it, like the sun has bleached it. Both are the same height and, body mass muscle wise, identical in every way apart from their clothes and their eyes. That's a whole a different story.

The one of the left, wearing some kind of comic t-shirt has brilliant blue eyes that sparkle with life. The one of the right has the same colour as his twin, but the raw sadness within them pulls at my heartstrings. He doesn't even try to hide the emotion that seems to be a permanent fixture in those eyes.

I step back and look to the hand that's wrapped around my arm. Twin two—the one with the sad eyes—looks to his hand for a long second before releasing me.

Twin one—the one with the happy eyes—waves his hand awkwardly, giving me a smile as he does, one that causes my heart to flutter. "Hi."

I give him a tight lipped smile as twin two looks over my head. "Is she leaving?"

I look over my shoulder and find Mr Blackbourne and Kota standing just a few feet away. Kota's stares at me with those grass green eyes of his, waiting for me to say something—what, I don't know. Probably wanting me to answer the question. But when I don't, his shoulders sag and he looks away.

"No, Mr Henshaw. Miss Sorensen is staying," Mr Blackbourne says. He finally looks at me and when I see the emotion swirling in his eyes: fear, need, and the promise of what's been going on. I turn my body around to face him properly. "We have a lot to discuss."

Kota whips his head towards Mr Blackbourne. "You're telling her? Everything?"

Mr Blackbourne doesn't break eye contact from me as he says, "Yes Mr Lee, I am."