Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight
•Sang•

The bell rings and I'm scooping up my bag, pushing back my chair and standing. I would fly out of the classroom so I can get to my next class but a brick wall stands in my path as he lazily picks up his bag.

My eyes move up his muscular chest until my eyes are meeting his dark brown ones. North arches an eyebrow, as if he's waiting for something. I don't what though so I just awkwardly stand there trying not to stare to much at the beauty that is his face.

A gruff stubble is on his jaw, only a small amount, but enough to shadow it and make him look older then his sixteen, seventeen years. His brows are thick and dark, matching the shade of his hair and his eyelashes are so long that girls who wear glue on eyelashes would be jealous.

Why is it guys always get perfectly long natural eyelashes?

I'm not jealous over his eyelashes, not a bit. But it's still one of those things girls would die for. I then make a mental note to get a picture of those eyes when I next get a chance.

He shoulders his bag and steps back so his back is pressing against the wall. His hand waves out in front of him gesturing for me to go first. I try not to narrow my eyes but the twitch of his lips tells me I'm failing.

I look at Luke when a snort comes from his direction. His head is bowed, loose strands of his wavy blonde hair falling from the pony tail he had at the nape of his neck. His shoulders shake with his silent laughter and I will him too look up so I can see his face.

He must hear my silent plea as he looks up. A grin that shows his teeth is stretching across his face and his light brown eyes are twinkling and dancing with amusement. His eyes find mine. "I'd take that offer of going first if I was you, North isn't ever a gentleman."

"Like you ever are dipshit." North growls and I move my eyes back to him. He's glaring at Luke but the moment he feels my eyes on him his own eyes come back to me, softening instantly. "Go ahead." He says, waving his hand again.

I send him a small smile of thanks before passing him. The space is small but big enough for me. My chest still lightly brushes his and I hear him suck in a sharp breath. My face flushes as my body becomes extremely aware of him; the closeness of his body against mine, the one breath I felt leave him in a woosh against my head and the addicting scent of musk and car grease.

When I'm past him, I don't look back. I just get the hell out of there and go in search for my next class. I come to a stop and look down at my sheet of paper with my schedule on it, looking down to find the room number when a voice from behind me has me spinning around. "Good morning, Miss Sang."

My hand goes to my chest to calm my beating heart as my eyes meet a pair of amused green ones. My shoulders sag and I smile at Dr Green. I raise my hand and use sign language. "Good morning, Dr Green."

"Shall I show you to your next class?" He asks and I nod my head, a grateful smile on my face. "C'mon, it's just down the hall."

I fall into step beside him as he leads the way. With him to my left and the lockers to my right, I avoid getting knocked into by the other students as they too make their way to class.

"How has your week been?" He asks.

I shrug a shoulder and his eyes move to my hand. "It's been okay. How was yours?"

"Ahh, the usual. Working at the hospital, being with friends." I tilt my head to the side. Wow, he's really a doctor, doctor, like a medical doctor. But he isn't old enough, surely?

And then his 'being with friends' comment registers in my head and I think back to the day I saw him, Mr Blackbourne and that group outside of the church. I want to ask him about it but I don't, instead I clench my fingers into a fist.