Chapter Eighty Two

Trigger Warning! Brandon tells his story. I've tried to keep this as non descriptive as I can while still telling the story. If you have any triggers, then may I suggest you skip this chapter.

Chapter Eighty Two
Sang

The next morning, Luke gets us up early so he can make breakfast before North arrives. We're just digging into the stack of pancakes when the door bangs open and North stomps inside, scowling when he sees us eating chocolate chip pancakes, Luke's absolutely drowning is syrup. Luke takes a bite of his food, grinning at his brother as he chews.

I laugh behind my hand as North lets out a disgusted groan and then proceeds to start making some bacon. As the others arrive, I greet them with smiles and good mornings. My eyes linger on Brandon though when his eyes meet mine. He looks sick, like he could throw up at any second, and declines coffee and food, instead opting for a bottle of water and cereal bar.

My heart aches for him, so much more so when I see the pained look on his face when he looks at his smiling brother as he and Kota talk about a new video game that was announced the day before.

When it's time for us to head to school, I go over to Brandon and I hug him. He holds me back just as tight. No words are said, they don't need to be. We just stand there and hold each other. I listen to his heartbeat that thrums beneath my ear and just soak him in, in hopes he knows that whatever he says tonight won't change anything between us and that his brother will understand.

"Come on, Trouble," Gabriel whispers.

I nod my head and release Brandon, our eyes meeting as I pull away and let Gabriel lead me out of the door. My eyes meet Corey's and then Raven's, before going to Marc and Axel. Whatever Brandon has to tell us tonight won't just affect Corey, or even me, but the whole Toma Team. This is their best friend, their brother, and he's been keeping secrets from everyone to protect them from the things that haunt him.

When we get to school, Luke and North lead me to homeroom. I'm in a daze, lost in my own thoughts, and the others understand that because throughout the whole day, they take care of me, making sure I get to my lessons and then handing me notes from the class. When I get to Music Room B with North at my side, I'm surprised when he doesn't leave, but instead comes inside with me. Owen is already sitting at the piano and my surprise continues to grow when I find Axel standing by the window and Sean sitting in a chair by the desk.

"What's going on?" I ask as North closes the door behind us and then puts a hand on to the small of my back.

"Sang, will you come for a drive with me?" Axel asks, pushing himself off the wall and then moving across the room, closer to me. "I don't think that Brandon will last the school day waiting for you to be free. Raven and Marc are in the rover in the parking lot, waiting for you to then go and pick up Corey."

"Is Brandon okay?" Worry settles itself into my stomach, making it twist.

Axel shakes his head. "No. He's restless. He won't eat, he hasn't slept since Saturday night. Raven heard him throwing up in the bathroom after you all left this morning."

"In other words, he's a mess of worry, fear and anxiety," Sean says, standing from his seat. "We really think that whatever he needs to speak with you and Corey about, needs to be sooner, rather than later."

"I'm scared," I whisper.

"I am too," Axel whispers, closing the space between us. He takes my face into his hands, his almond eyes full of worry. "But he won't talk to us. Only you. Only Corey. He's ashamed to tell us."