chap 3

1... 2...3

"Ugh" I groaned landing on my butt with the coat hanger in my hands. Elijah laid on the ground. I got up and walked over to him flipping him on his back. His face was grey but I New it wouldn't last long. I looked up to see my phone on a table ringing. I ignore it and put it in my pocket.

And 5... 4...3...2.....1

Elijah let out a gasp as color returned to his face. He looked down to see the wood removed from his heart. His eyes then flashed to mine.

Well... He looks pissed. I would to if someone walked in and stacked me. He stood up and appeared in front of me. Curiosity flashed across his eyes. He winced but covered it up. I didn't want to look him over to see if wood was still in there because that would be weird. And even weirder when he woke up.

But right now he was now in my personal bubble. He leaned in to compel me. Ha yeah right.

"Why are you here?" He asked.

"Well I would tell you but compelling me is not going to get you anywhere. And to think that is the thanks I get after pulling a coat hanger out of your heart." I said leaning back. "And what is it with you and entering my personal bunny? Back up." I made a had motion for him to move. And to my surprise he did.

"Why are you here?" He repeated.

"Well for one to apologize."

"For what?"

"Let me finish." I had know idea where this confidence was coming from but hey beggars Arnt choosers. "My brothers seem to like to stack first ask questions later. And of course there was the part where the other to kidnapped elena and me. You just seemed to get in the way for that I am sorry."

"Then why are you not with your brothers and here instead?" Questions questions questions.

"Well.... I have know idea" he seemed amused at this.

"You have know idea?"

"That's what I said. I tend to do things without actual thinking, plus you woke up before I could thing of anything." He then surprised me. He laughed. Well I would say laugh more like chuckle. He winced again and let my mothering side take over. "Sit" I pointed to the stairs. He looked at me like I was crazy. I sighed and grabbed his wrist dragging him over to the stairs as he sat. "Shirt" I told him.

"May I ask what exactly you are doing?" He said not doing as I asked.

"Well for one I have to see if there is any of the wood still in you and judging by the way you keep wincing there is, two... never mind." I said not saying the last part.

"What is the second?" He asked still not moving to take off his shirt.

"It doesn't matter." I said

"I would like to know."

"I am glad you would like to know but that doesn't mean anything. Shirt." This time he started to un button his shirt. He didnt take it off completely but that is a good thing because I was already drooling. I moved closer and keeled forward to be on my knees. "May I?" I asked gesturing to the wound.

"Be my guest" he said his eyes never leaving me.

"This is going to hurt." I told him pretty much saying don't kill me you gave me permission.

"I give you my word I will not kill you." He spoke.

"Good." I said grabbing his hand with my free one. I don't do this much once in a while to my brothers but that is mainly bullets... plus they have to love me no matter what.

He looked at are hands and then back at me. I took a breath and pushed my hand through his skin. He winced again and squeezed my hand.

When all of it was out I pulled my hand out and stood up taking my hand out of his.

"Thank you I would have been more difficult if I had to do it." Elijah said standing as well. I wiped my hand off on my pants to get rid of the blood.

"No problem." I said not knowing what to do or say. "Clara." I said randomly.

"What?"

"I'm clara." I held out my hand.

"Elijah." He said raising my hand to his lips. He held it their longer than normal as his lips sent chills up my arm. He let go of my hand. "What was the second reason?" I walked to him

Even thought we were the only ones here I leaned in next to his ear to whisper.

"I also wanted to see you with your shirt off."

He didn't have time to respond as I was already out side.

Elijah's pov

She was beautiful. Her shoulder length brown hair and blueish green eyes.

"Sit" she said taking me out of my trance. I looked at her like she was crazy. Was she really telling me an original vampire who could kill her easily commanding me the sit? I guess she was as she pointed to stairs. When I didn't move she sighed and grabbed my wrist and dragging my over there. It felt weird having someone else touch me and not be cowering in fear. "Shirt" she commanded next.

"May I ask what exactly you are doing?" I asked not moving to remove my shirt.

"Well for one I have to see if there is any of the wood still in you and judging by the way you keep wincing there is, two... never mind." She said then stopped.

"What is the second?" I asked curious.

" it doesn't matter."

"I would like to know"

"I am glad you would like to know but that doesn't mean anything. Shirt." This time I started to do as she said and un button my shirt. She then keeled forward onto her knees. "May I?" She asked gesturing to my wound.

"Be my guest."

"This is going to hurt." She said in a don't kill me if it does tone.

"I.give you my word I will not kill you."

"Good." She said grabbing my hand. I looked down at are hands before looking back at her. She looked hesitant. She took a breath and started to take out the left over wood.

When she was done she took her hand out of my chest and stood letting go of my hand.

"Thank you I would have been more difficult if I had to do it." I said standing as well.

"No problem." She said wiping her hand off on her jeans. After a while she blurted out "clara."

"What?"

"I'm clara." She held out her hand. Clara.

"Elijah." I said kissing back of her hand. Curiosity got the better of me and I had to ask. "What was the second reason?"

She leaned in and whispered I. My ear.

"I also wanted to see you with your shirt off." I was shocked at how blunt she just said that. But I didn't get to respond as she sped away.

Ha. Like its that easy to get away.

I turned to the door and ran after her.