Chap 11

They daggered him.

How stupid can you get?

Well pretty stupid since they pulled the dagger out afterwards. I knew he had something planned. I should have dragged elijah away from what they were planning before Damon could do something stupid... Well too late now.

When I heard they took the dagger out I didn't even bother with the cellar I walked out the door. In the distance I could see Elijah walking through the woods. I zoomed up to him walking backwards so I was facing him.

"What cha do en?" I asked casually. He looked at me emotionlessly. "Someone's upset." I stated.

"I'm taking elena and keeping her out of Damon and stefan reach." eijah said answer my question.

"Ah...Yeah not a good idea." I said shaking my head.

"It does not matter what your opinion is on this situation for it happening."

"How much do you wanna bet?" I asked.

"Excuse me?

"I say this plan of yours is going to fail just like all of Damon's plans."

"And if your wrong?"

"I'm not." I stated calmly. He raised an eyebrow at me.

"And why is that?"

"You'll see." I said smiling. He sighed and changed the subject.

"You know most vampires would run at the thought of klaus coming anywhere near them. Your brothers I understand why they are staying but I never figured out why you would." Elijah said silently asking for an answer.

"I have met the all powerful hybrid. He's not that scary. In truth he's fun to pick on, its easy to get him fired up." I said turning so I was walk besideing instead of in front of him.

"When did you meet my brother?" He seemed genuinely interested.

"In the 1920's. My brother came to find me in Chicago, we both met them but Stefan was compelled to forget."

"And he didn't compel you?"

"He tried but failed same as you did." I said. I let out a sigh. "The 1920's had so much better music." I stated. "Rebekah is my favorite so far...No offence. We were friends after we got used to each other. She fell for my brother which seems to happen a lot." I was cut off by elijah.

"Were you and my brother together?" I couldn't figure out the tone he had in his voice.

"No. He tried, and tried but I didn't give it much thought until one day he kissed me. But before I could say much about it to him his father came in and chased him away. He tried to compel me which p*ssed me off to no end. I grabbed Stefan and left. I didn't really think much about Chicago until I was told who would end up coming to town. I had a go laugh at the fact stefan was make death threats to someone he once called a brother...but then again it's nothing new....sorry, I didn't mean to talk so much." I finished closing my mouth.

"It's fine, you don't talk much...I'm glad you can talk to me." Elijah said but I could hear a faint hint of jealousy? Nah probably my imagination. I say the lake house ahead and stopped walking. I turned to Elijah. He stopped and looked at me.

"This is my stop. I'm not in any of this........good night elijah." I said starting to walk back the way I came.

"Good night clara. I hope we could do this again some time under different circumstances." Elijah said.

I laughed.

"Yes, I hope that we don't just have these conversations when you are on a rampage." I said walking away from the cottage.

I ran to the boarding house closing the door behind me. Everyone was gone leaving the house empty.

I thought of Chicago and of klaus. I remember him calling me the most beautiful women he has ever met, that one sentence shocked me. It was always pick up lines or small jokes. Never compliments. And even if they were it was when someone wanted something.

But when he said it, he didn't want anything, he actually ment it.

I felt a tear slide down my cheek. I wiped it away quickly. Ah Chicago, add that to the things I wish I was compelled to forget.