Chapter 1

The sound of sirens filled the night. Cars rushed past Miori, not stopping for a second to question why the hooded woman was alone, in the middle of the night, walking away from a crime scene.

Miori giggled as she glanced back in the direction the cops had gone, "Those idiots never learn."

She pulled out her phone from her black hoodie's pocket as she slipped into the nearby alleyway. She unlocked her phone and got on social media before sitting down in between a few dumpsters.

Not even a minute after Miori got on her phone, a notification popped up telling her that she was near a crime scene. Miori let out a small sigh. Giving the people in the area a warning that a villain was nearby seemed pretty useless, especially since it was the middle of the night and no one but Miori and the cops that had sped by her seemed to awake.

The notification wouldn't do anything to help the cops find the villain who had invaded the local bank just for the fun of it. They had no information, the villain had already left the scene before the cops even got the chance to make it to the bank. They had passed their only hope of catching the villain when they sped past Miori.

For four years, police officers and heroes had tried everything they could to find Miori and finally arrest her. She had done the same thing she had just done minutes ago many times and had never been caught. Thinking about it, Miori wondered why no one had been able to do anything to stop her for four straight years. Maybe it was because she was being careful. She never did any big villainous act without a group. And when she was alone, she always had a way to get out of the scene before anyone even knew what happened.

This time, she had been a bit too careless. Maybe it was because she just had a bad feeling inside her the entire day, a feeling that still hadn't gone away. But because of her carelessness, she wasn't able to cause the same panic she usually did. Miori loved seeing people suffer, especially heroes and people who are so set on being heroes.

Miori mindlessly scrolled through social media. But a post from her older sister, Hina Azumi, someone she had despised since she was little, caught her eye. It was about her daughter, Miori's niece.

All of the joy that had come to Miori when she had put fear into the hearts of the people at the bank had been replaced by her own fear, mixed with rage and annoyance. She figured out why she had been having a bad feeling about that day.

"Damn it. Why is she- This can't be right."

Miori's niece would be going to UA High School.

* * *

Yuna was drawing constellations she had memorized in her notebook as her teacher started talking about high school opportunities and career choices. She already knew what high school she was going to and what she would do for her career.

She was about to move on to drawing a different constellation when the class erupted in cheers. Yuna lifted her head and glanced around the room, seeing almost everyone in her class showing off their quirks. She sighed and decided to actually pay attention to what the teacher was saying.

"You all have great quirks. But using them during school is against the rules." The teacher said from the front of the room.

"Hey, Teach!" Yuna's attention was fully taken away from her notebook and to the ash-blond that sat a few seats in front of her, Katsuki Bakugo. "Don't lump me in the same group as all these losers. I'm the real deal. But the rest of these rejects will be lucky to be sidekicks to some D-lister."

Yuna sighed as her classmates yelled at Bakugo. He was so full of himself and used any chance he got to brag about his 'talent'.

"Huh. You do have some impressive test scores. Maybe you will end up at UA High." The teacher stated, looking at the papers he was holding.

"I heard that school only had a .2 percent acceptance rate. It's pretty much impossible to get into!" The boy in front of Yuna exclaimed.

"That's exactly why it's worthy of me!" Bakugo exclaimed, jumping up onto his desk. "I aced all the mock tests. I'm the only one at this stupid school who even stands a chance of getting in. I'll end up being for popular than All Might himself! And I'll be the richest hero of all time. People all over the world will know my name! And it all starts at UA High!"

"Oh yeah, Midoriya, Azumi, don't you two want to go to UA, too?" The teacher added, once Bakugo had finished his speech.

Yuna stared down at her desk and her open notebook as the class burst out in laughter. She glanced at Midoriya and saw almost everyone's laughter was directed at him. She knew it was selfish, but she kinda hoped that, while focusing on Midoriya wanting to get into UA without a quirk, they would completely forget about how Yuna wanted to get in too.

"You're kidding, right? There's no way you could get in without a quirk!" One boy exclaimed, pointing at Midoriya.

"W-well, they got rid of that rule! I could be the first one!" Midoriya said, trying to defend himself.

Then, Bakugo used his quirk and made an explosion that sent Midoriya to the ground. "Listen up, Deku. You're even worse than these damn rejects! You're a quirkless wannabe! And, Azumi!" Bakugo looked over at Yuna, who took in a sharp breath as Bakugo glared at her. "You're pathetic! You can't even use the weak quirk you have. Did you really think they'd let someone like you two in when they could have me?"

"Wait! No! You've got it all wrong! I'm not trying to compete against you! You've gotta believe me!" Midoriya explained frantically as he backed up against the wall. Then he looked down. "It's just, I've always wanted to be a hero since I was little. I may not have a quirk, but I can still try my best, right?"

Bakugo's hands started smoking as he growled at Midoriya, "You'll never be able to hang with the best of the best. Both of you will die in the exams!"

Yuna clenched her fists as Bakugo laughed. Bakugo was right that Yuna wasn't able to use her quirk as well as some other people, she did have around five years less experience compared to most people. But she was getting much better at it.

Yuna was a 'late bloomer', meaning she didn't get her quirk until she was 9 years old. Even when it had first developed, she barely knew how to use it, and when she figured it out, it rarely worked. But that didn't stop her from trying. After 5 years of practicing her quirk in her basement, Yuna was a lot more confident in her abilities. She had improved the most over the past year since she was training a lot more knowing that the UA entrance exam was getting closer.

"Defenseless Deku and the weakling Azumi. This school's already crappy and you wanna embarrass it more by failing so hard?" Bakugo growled.

Yuna took deep breaths and closed her eyes. She had gotten used to Bakugo's insults, to everyone's insults. After nearly ten years of being bullied, she's learned to just ignore it. Even if she wanted to, Yuna just didn't have the energy to say anything.

After another few minutes of letting the class laugh at Yuna and Midoriya, the teacher finally called the class back to order and continued talking about career options.