Chapter 71

"The hero work studies are a more serious version of your internships. They entail helping pro agencies on the streets and with investigations." Aizawa explained from the front of the room. Yuna felt her anticipation rise at the idea of the work studies. The idea of essentially working as a hero was incredibly appealing. "Your teachers and the principal discussed them at the faculty meeting and we all agree. It's too soon. They should really be canceled."

The room was silent for a moment before the classroom burst out in shock. Yuna stared at Aizawa in disbelief as Kirishima expressed his disappointment, "But we already met about them!"

"I guess when you think about why we had to move into the dorms it does make sense," Kaminari muttered with disappointment.

"But that's stupid, I get we're students but being overprotective like this won't get us anywhere. Being in a classroom can only do so much." Yuna argued, glaring at Aizawa.

"And some people agree we won't be able to raise strong heroes with that sort of protective outlook," Aizawa replied, looking at Yuna before glancing around to the rest of the class. "With that in mind, the compromise is to be selective about participating agencies. So choose one with a proven track record. Otherwise, you won't be taking part."

A small smile graced Yuna's lips as relief filled her. Work studies would help her get stronger much faster than being in a classroom. Her internship had been so productive, this work-study would be even better.

But she was a bit worried about the school being selective about which agencies she'd be able to go to for her work-study. She wanted to go to Amethyst's agency again. With Amethyst already having helped her greatly improve her quirk, Yuna figured she'd be able to help her improve even more. She won't have to waste time on showing her quirk to a new pro.

But Amethyst was a relatively young pro in general and besides having Yuna as an intern and being a UA alumni, she wasn't sure Amethyst would pass the school's qualifications. She'd have to call Amethyst and see if it'd work out.

* * *

"Work-study? Yeah, I'd love to have you work at my agency." Amethyst answered from the other side of the phone. Yuna called Amethyst not long after she returned to the dorms. She changed out of her school uniform into her favorite, slightly oversized hoodie, which just so happened to be the one she stole from Kaminari, and was now sitting at her desk. She had maybe 20 minutes before he knocked on her door asking for homework help. "I'll call UA and ask them to send you my way."

"Well, apparently they're being selective about what agencies they let us do our work studies at," Yuna explained. "I already talked to Mr. Aizawa about if I can work with you and he was hesitant to say yes since you're a younger pro and stuff."

Yuna heard Amethyst huff, "Well that's annoying. I'll call and see what I can do. I actually am going to have a second year from Ketsubutsu doing a work-study at the same time, so maybe that'd change their mind. And Principal Nezu knows me pretty well, so I'll see if I can sway them in my favor."

"Alright, sounds good. Just keep me updated." Yuna said. "If I can't do my work-study with you, do you know of any other agencies I could do it with?"

"Uh, off the top of my head, no," Amethyst replied with a long sigh. "But give me some time to think about it and I'll get you a list. Hopefully, you won't have to worry about that thought."

"Hopefully," Yuna echoed.

"Alright, we'll I'd love to talk more, but I've already put off my work enough. But let me know if you ever wanna chat, I'll make time." Amethyst said in a cheery voice.

Yuna rolled her eyes, "Bye."

Yuna heard Amethyst laugh before ending the call. Yuna sighed and set her phone on her desk beside her open notebook. She pulled out her math textbook and got through two of the questions before she heard a knock at her door. Yuna couldn't keep herself from smiling as she stood up from her desk and opened the door.

"Hey Yuna," Kaminari greeted with his bright smile. Kaminari stepped into the room as Yuna moved back and set up her folding coffee table. "So, I need some help with this math stuff."

"I figured," Yuna replied, grabbing her notebook and textbook off her desk before sitting on the floor across from Kaminari. The two then spent the next hour getting through most of their homework before Kaminari decided it was time for a break.

"So did you talk to Amethyst about the work-studies?" Kaminari asked as he stood up to grab Yuna's laptop so they could watch a movie.

"Yeah, she's gonna talk to the school about it. Hopefully, all goes well and I'll be able to work with her. Otherwise, I'll have to find someone else." Yuna answered, moving to sit on her bed.

"You'd be able to find another work-study easily. I'm sure Amethyst knows some people and you had a ton of offers after the sports festival, so I'm sure some of those people would want to have you do a work-study at their agencies." Kaminari said as he sat down next to her and opened her laptop. The second Kaminari found that Yuna hadn't watched a lot of movies in general he declared they would watch all of his favorites. Yuna was a little surprised to find she enjoyed the, at times, over-the-top action movies. Although part of that was due to Kaminari enjoying them.

Yuna shrugged, "Yeah, well, have you decided if you're gonna do a work-study or not?"

"I don't think I'll be able to. If they're being selective about it I don't know if it's worth the trouble." Kaminari said with a sigh. Yuna narrowed her eyes at him and he stared back at her, "Don't give me that look. I'm not trying to be lazy or something. But first years don't normally do work-studies anyway. I'm fine not doing one just yet."

"But it'd be such a useful experience. And this is why we got our provisional licenses so early. What's the point of having one if you won't use it?" Yuna questioned, earning a shrug from Kaminari. "Weren't you telling me the other day how good it would be to have more real-life experience? And how you wanted to work on improving fighting skills and stuff?"

"Yeah and I also remember you going on about how there's more to being a hero besides just fighting villains," Kaminari retorted, causing Yuna to cross her arms and huff. "And that was before Aizawa made a big deal about how he thought the work-studies were a bad idea and how annoying getting one would be. If I did a work-study it'd just end up taking up more of my time when I'll need that for not failing class."

"I guess," Yuna mumbled as Kaminari scrolled through the streaming service he'd logged into on her computer.

"I'm sure we're still gonna be working on our quirks and fighting and all that in class, so I'm not worried about it," Kaminari said, finding a movie and clicking on it. "Although speaking of class work, you'll still be able to help me with homework 

Yuna sighed, "I'm starting to think that's the reason you started dating me."

"What? No! That's not true. An- and you're the one you offered!" Kaminari exclaimed with a bright red face.

Yuna felt a sense of accomplishment for flustering him when he was usually the one making her blush, "Whatever you say."

"You don't actually think that, do you?" Kaminari asked, looking a little alarmed.

"No, of course not," Yuna replied, earning a huff from Kaminari. She scooted closer to him so she could see the screen better. "Anyways, what are we watching?"