Chapter 50

Yuna summoned the Draco constellation almost instantly and it charged into Miori. Yuna was a bit surprised when Miori let the dragon carry her back into the forest and not blast it immediately. But then she realized that it was because Miori wanted to get her alone. Yuna knew that meant she should stay with her group and have them fight Miori with her, but something inside her prevented her from doing that. She didn't want her classmates to see Miori or learn anything more about her. Them even knowing of her existence was more than enough.

"Don't worry about me, I've won against Miori before I can do it now," Yuna said with fake confidence before she ran after Miori, who had started to run deeper into the forest.

Then Miori stopped in a slightly more open area and turned to Yuna, who stopped a decent distance away from Miori, her hand raised, ready to summon a constellation.

Miori spread her arms out and smiled, her mask was off and Yuna noticed that there wasn't any more of the pink gas, but she didn't take her own gas mask off, "This is your last chance Yuna. Come with me and together, we can show everyone they were wrong about us. But if you try to resist, I won't hesitate to hurt you. I really don't want to hurt you, but you're coming with me no matter what."

"I don't think so," Yuna retorted before she summoned the Capricornus constellation. The horned goat ran at Miori, but she blasted it with a few sunbeams before it out reach her. Yuna winced as the goat faded, but it didn't hurt nearly as much as it normally did. And it almost seemed like Miori had to put more effort into her blasts.

And that's when Yuna realized something. Miori was at a disadvantage because it was night. Her quirk got energy from the sun, so she was stronger during the day when the sun is out and weaker during the night. And Yuna was in a similar situation, only the opposite. Her quirk got its power from the stars, so it being night meant that she had an advantage over Miori. And maybe, if she summoned constellations that were in the sky right now they would be stronger than before.

Maybe I can win this.

Yuna's thoughts were interrupted when she was hit by an exploding ball of light. She winced and stumbled back before mentally scolding herself for getting distracted. Luckily, the attack hadn't been very strong, so she was fine.

Yuna raised her hand and drew the big dipper. The grizzly let out a silent roar and stood defensively in front of Yuna. Miori immediately shot a beam of light at it, but it just made the bear charge at her with Yuna even slightly feeling the blast. The grizzly stood in its hind legs - Miori trying to attack it, but her blasts had little effect - before swiping its paw down on Miori. Miori was sent flying to the side before landing on the ground. The bear went back to all fours before standing by Yuna again as she took a deep breath and summoned Leo. But before the lion could attack, Miori created a large flash of light that blighted Yuna just like she did in Hosu. Yuna tried to squint to see, but her vision was almost completely blank. The lion she summoned disappeared and the grizzly was circling around her in an attempt to protect her from any attacks.

Unfortunately, the grizzly wasn't able to stop a beam of light from hitting Yuna in the face. She stumbled back, mostly caught off-guard by the attack, so much so that the grizzly disappeared altogether. Luckily, the gas mask had kept the blast from doing any real damage. Yuna tossed the broken gas mask to the side just before her vision mostly restored just in time for Yuna to see her aunt send a mini sun her way. The ball of sunlight connected with her stomach, sending Yuna flying back into a tree. Yuna let out a cry of pain as she hit the tree and slumped down to the floor. She held her stomach as Miori stepped closed, laughing.

"Even in the night, when I'm supposed to be at my weakest, I'm still able to beat you," Miori said with the smile of an insane person. "It just goes to show how much stronger you can become if you're a villain. Come on Yuna, quit wasting your time with this hero course, they're teaching you nothing. I'll show you how to really become strong. I'll make sure no one will ever look down on you again. No one will be able to tell you you're weak. Join me Yuna. Become a villain and let go of all your troubles."

Yuna didn't respond. Instead, she drew the Draco constellation, and the dragon charged into Miori. Yuna stood up and let the dragon fade before she summoned Corvus. The raven avoided several blasts from Miori, who was getting increasingly more annoyed every time she missed. Yuna took a few deep breaths and took the time Miori was distracted to summon the Satgiterius bow. She took another deep breath as she pulled back the string, a glowing blue arrow forming as she pulled it back.

Yuna let go of the string and the raven and bow both disappeared as she felt pain shoot through her body from the overuse of her quirk. Yuna was surprised it had taken her this long for her quirk to become painful to use, but it was about time her fatigue from training earlier in the day caught up to her.

The arrow flew through the air and Yuna had a sudden sense of deja vu as her fight with Bakugo during the sports festival popped into her head. Only, unlike that time, her arrow had landed, hitting Miori in the side before fading.

"Shit," Miori muttered as she stumbled back holding her side. The arrow had pierced her skin and she was bleeding a lot more than Yuna thought she would. But that didn't stop Yuna from drawing the Aries constellation and having the ram run up to Miori, pick her up with its horns, then throw her down to the ground.

Yuna took a deep breath as the ram disappeared and she stepped toward Miori, who had moved so she was leaning against a tree. Yuna stared down at her, a feeling a victory washing over her. She had managed to beat her aunt all on her own. She didn't know how, and didn't believe her for a second, but she had won. But at the same time, the idea of what happened next scared her. If she had really taken down Miori, that would mean she'd most likely be sent to jail after this.

Yuna lightly shook her head to clear her thoughts and focused on Miori as she was now, "It's over, Miori. I'm not going to become a villain."

A smirk appeared on Miori's face and her words made Yuna tense, any hope that this was finally over was erased from her mind, "I'm not so sure about that," Miori's eyes drifted to something behind Yuna. "Mr. Compress, you made it here just in time."

Yuna spun around to see a tall man wearing a white mask and a yellow overcoat. She barely had time to process his appearance as he put his hand on her head before everything went black.

-Author Note-

I kinda can't believe it. This is the 50th chapter of this story. 50 chapters of at least 1000 words each, a lot being at least 1500. That's a lot of words. And this was a great chapter to be the 50th.

But anyways, it's so crazy to me how far this story has gone. And then I think about where it's going and how I actually somehow have it mostly planned and I'm just very happy. Yuna is one of my favorite ocs, I love her personality and backstory and quirk. I love her quirk a lot. So the fact that this story has lasted 50 chapters just makes me really happy.

Thank you for sticking with this story for so long. I hope you continue to enjoy this story and that you have a great day!

-Starlight