Chapter 35

Yuna awoke to find herself in a hospital bed. She tried to sit up, but pain immediately shot through her entire body and she winced, letting herself fall limp on the bed.

Yuna recalled the events that had happened before she passed out and let out a sigh. Part of her was upset that Amethyst had found out that she was related to a villain, but at the same time, she was just upset Miori attacked her in the first place. Yuna also trusted Amethyst despite only having known her for three days, she had a feeling Amethyst knew not to tell anyone.

The door slid open and Yuna looked to see Amethyst, now in dark jeans and a purple jacket over a white shirt instead of her hero costume.

"You're awake," Amethyst said with a small smile, her usual cheery tone had a hint of concern in it. "How do you feel?"

"Terrible," Yuna muttered with a sigh as Amethyst sat down next to the bed. "Everything hurts."

Amethyst hummed, "Yeah, that's not surprising. You really pushed yourself yesterday."

"You..." Yuna hesitated, wanting to keep fear out of her voice. "You didn't tell anyone, right? About Miori?"

Amethyst shook her head, "Of course not. That's not something the public needs to know. I know all about people making stupid assumptions for stupid reasons and I don't know your career to be destroyed before it even starts. Especially when it's over nothing."

"It's not 'nothing'," Yuna mumbled.

"I mean, no, it's not. A family member being a villain is a big deal. But it's a personal problem. Reporters would eat you alive if they knew all because they love to make something that's not their business everyone's business." Amethyst said. "And everyone you know knows you'd be a great hero. You're strong, kind, and extremely hard working. Almost to a fault. But the media doesn't know that and because of that, they'll take things the wrong way and screw everything up like they always do."

Yuna nodded, a small smile on her face, "Yeah. Thanks."

"Yeah, no problem. I mean, I know all about the media being shit." Amethyst continued with a small huff. "And you're possibly going to have to deal with some of it just because you're a late bloomer, but future you can worry about that. For now, you don't need the stress of being a high school hero student and having the media on your back for something that's not your fault."

"No I really don't," Yuna agreed quietly, earning a small laugh from Amethyst.

"Anyways, you may be in here most of today. And tomorrow, we're probably not going to do anything too strenuous, if we even do anything. You need a break. Though, I know you don't like sitting around, so as long as you're doing better after tomorrow, we'll do some more training before you have to leave." Amethyst said, standing up. "But for now, I'm gonna leave you to get some rest."

"Ok, thanks," Yuna replied. Amethyst flashed her a smile before she turned and walked out of the room.

Yuna took a deep breath a closed her eyes. Minutes ticked by and soon, she could feel herself drifting back to sleep

* * *

Yuna woke up to the sound of her phone vibrating on the nightstand beside her bed. She groaned as she reached over and picked up her phone. She turned it on and saw that it was way past noon and that Kaminari had texted her. Yuna set her phone on her lap and slowly sat up before she read the texts.

Hey, are you ok? I saw you had to fight that Solis villain on the news. What happened? Is that the same villain that attacked you during the USJ thing? Your aunt? That's crazy. I really hope you're ok.