Chapter 44

A few days passed since the class's mall trip and soon, they were let out for summer break. Yuna had spent the first day of her break training. Well, the first half of the day training. After lunch, she had gotten a text from Kaminari asking if she was busy the next day, to which Yuna had replied with a 'no' almost instantly. Kaminari had them asked her if she'd be able to meet him at the train station by her house a little before noon the next day. When Yuna asked where they'd be going, Kaminari had just told her that it was a surprise, earning an annoyed huff from Yuna that Kaminari couldn't see.

After that, Yuna spent the rest of the day getting teased by her mom as she slightly freaked out over the fact that she was going on her first date ever the next day. Not to mention that it was with Kaminari, who had a more than easy time making her flustered.

Once Hina finished teasing her daughter, she helped Yuna figure out what she was going to wear and reassured her that she was overthinking things. By the time the next day rolled around, Yuna had mentally prepared herself for the fact that she was going out with the boy who, despite being a flirtatious idiot, was her crush. And possibly her boyfriend, though she didn't have any idea how the labeling worked. And the thought of calling Kaminari her boyfriend only made her cheeks heat up and her heart start racing while also making her feel like a 10-year-old all at the same time.

When Yuna woke up the next day, she went through her morning routine before chilling in her room till lunch. Eat before going back down to her room and changing into the light purple and white dress she had bought at the mall and bringing her white dress sandals up the stairs. After earning a few more teasing comments from her mom - and overprotective dad comments from her father - it was around time for her to leave. She slipped on her shoes and grabbed her purse before saying bye to her parents.

Yuna texted Kaminari to let him know she was on her way, the nerves she had been somehow able to push back until now making her heart beat a little faster. The walk to the train station wasn't far, and when she arrived, she spotted Kaminari in the same spot he had been when he had met her there for their Toyko outing. Yuna got a weird sense of deja vu which she shook off, trying to ignore the fact that her brain reminded her that this was a date and that hadn't been.

Kaminari seemed to sense her because he looked up from his phone and at her before smiling his bright smile that always seemed to make her blush. He put his phone in his pocket as she walked up to him, "Hey."

"Hey," Kaminari greeted. "I guess you really did like that dress."

"Yeah, that's why I bought it. Did you think I got it just to make you happy or something?" Yuna questioned with a slightly teasing tone, earning an eye roll from Kaminari.

"Whatever," Kaminari grumbled, then he smiled at her. "You look nice. Just as bright a shining star as ever."

Yuna felt her face heat up instantly as Kamianri winked at her. Her mind shutting down for just a second before rebooting. "Y-Yeah, whatever." She stuttered, earning a laugh that only made her heart race more. She took a deep breath to cool down her burning face, "A-Anyways... where are we going?"

"Well, I don't want to hype it up too much in case you don't like it as much as I think you will, but it is a surprise," Kaminari answered, smirking at her.

Yuna huffed and crossed her arms, "Is this gonna be your thing? Never telling me where you're taking me? At some point, I'm gonna just not agree to go until you tell me where we're going."

"As long as you're not doing that now, then we're fine," Kaminari replied, his smirk only going back to his regular smile when he grabbed her hand. "Come on, trust me, it'll be fun. I have a feeling you'll like it."