Chapter 23

Yuna immediately drew the Draco constellation and sent it flying toward Mina. Mina tried throwing acid at the dragon, which Yuna did feel, but that didn't stop it. When the dragon picked up Mina, she threw more acid at it. Yuna winced again as the dragon threw Mina out of bounds. And just like that, it was over.

"No!" Mina pouted.

"Ashido is out of bounds!" Midnight announced as the dragon disappeared. "Azumi advances to the next round!"

Yuna let out a sigh as Mina pouted and began to walk off the stage before she was stopped by Mina.

"Hey, that was totally unfair!" Mina pouted with a playful tone. "You didn't even give me the chance to do anything!"

"That was the point," Yuna replied simply before trying to walk away, only to be stopped again when Mina stepped in front of her.

"Next time we fight it'll be fair," Mina declared with a prideful smirk.

Yuna didn't respond and just walked past the pink-skinned girl. She heard Mina huff before hearing her footsteps trailing after her.

When Yuna and Mina got back to the stands, Yuna took her seat next to Kaminari. Thankfully, Bakugo wasn't there anymore and Kaminari had moved down a seat so he wouldn't be able to sit next to her. She wasn't sure if that was his intention, but Yuna wasn't complaining. As much as Bakugo had left her alone since they started at UA, he had still been her middle school bully, and being around him made her uncomfortable.

"You won that one quick," Kaminari commented as Yuna sat down.

Yuna hummed, "If I had let Mina start to move around, she would've won because of her mobility. I've gotten better at moving around when using my quirk, but I still wouldn't've been able to beat her if she started sliding around the stage."

Kaminari didn't reply as the next match started. Yuna watched as Bakugo and Kirishima walked out onto the stage to start their fight. Yuna watched as Kirishima would throw a punch and Bakugo hit him with an explosion. They went back and forth for a while, Bakugo not able to land a real hit on Kirishima because of his quirk. Eventually, Kirishima's quirk started to give in and Bakugo's hits started to do damage. Bakugo started blasting rapidly explosions before Kirishima was knocked out.

"With that vicious carpet bombing, Bakugo advances to the third round!" Present Mic announced. The screen changed from the bracket to show pictures of Yuna and the other three semi-finalists. "Ladies and gentlemen, our final four!"

Yuna let out a long sigh and leaned back into her seat. She felt nerves start to creep up on her as the crowd's cheering filled her ears. Her match was next. Her match against Bakugo.

"Hey, Azumi. Are you ok?" Kaminari asked, pulling Yuna out of her thoughts.

Yuna frowned. "I'm fine."

"Are you sure?" Kaminari persisted.

"I'm fine," Yuna repeated with a bit of irritation.

"Ok," Kaminari said, raising his hands defensively. "You just look a little anxious is all."

Yuna sighed, "My match is with Bakugo after this."

"Oh," Kaminari said. He leaned back into his chair and frowned. "Oh."

Yuna stood up as Iida and Todoroki walked out onto the field. She barely heard Kaminari mutter 'good luck' as she walked out of the stands. Yuna made her way to the waiting room and sat down. Her entire body was tense as she stared down at the table. She'd be going against Bakugo. Yuna had been bullied by Bakugo all throughout middle school but had never actually been on the receiving end of one of his explosions. The idea of fighting him terrified her way more than she wanted to admit.

There was a knocking at the door and Yuna looked up to see Kaminari walking into the waiting room. Yuna gave him an irritated look and he stopped walking, "Sorry, I don't want to intrude or anything. But I wanted to make sure you don't work yourself up too much."

"Oh," Yuna muttered as Kaminari turned the chair next to her so it was facing her before sitting. "Why?"

Kaminari narrowed his eyes and thought for a second. Then he shrugged, "You didn't look too great when you left to come in here."

"Oh."

"Listen," Kaminari started, "you've got this, ok? You're strong and smart and your quirk is way better than Bakugo's."

"But if he can use his so much better than me it doesn't matter," Yuna argued weakling, tears suddenly pricking her eyes. She took a few deep breaths to try to keep herself from crying.

"What are you talking about?" Kaminari questioned, taking her hands in his. "You're a lot better at using your quirk than you're giving yourself credit for."

Yuna sniffled and shook her head, "It doesn't matter. He'll end up killing me or something."

Kaminari scoffed, "Yeah right. This fight may be hard, but you can easily hold your own against Bakugo. This isn't gonna be an easy fight for him either. And don't get scared of Bakugo. I know you knew him in middle school and all, but he just yells a lot."

"Yeah, but that yelling is hard to hear over explosions," Yuna retorted.

"Yeah, well the stars wouldn't shine without the moon," Kaminari countered.

"What?" Yuna questioned, a smile starting to form on her face.

"Y-yeah," Kaminari replied unsurely. "Right?"

Yuna laughed, "Absolutely not. Stars are easiest to see when it's a new moon. The moon makes it harder to see the stars."

"Oh."

"You're an idiot," Yuna said with a laugh, her fear and anxiety melting without her even realizing it.

"Whatever," Kaminari grumbled, crossing his arms.

They heard loud cheering and Yuna swallowed, "I guess I should probably go."

"Hey," Kaminari said as Yuna stood up. He smiled at her. "You got this."

Yuna smiled back, "Yeah. Thank you."

Kaminari gave her a thumbs up before she went out of the waiting room and made her way out to the field. Yuna could hear her heart pounding in her ears as the sound of the cheering crowd got louder and louder.

This was it.

"He's been blasting his way through the competition. It's Katsuki Bakugo! Verses. I think I'm gonna ask her about stars after the tournament. Yuna Azumi!"

Yuna felt her heart pumping in her chest and a slight fear trying to push its way to the front of Yuna's mind. She placed a hand on her chest and took a few deep breaths, telling herself, I can do this. I can win. I will win. Just stay calm and fight.

"Ready? Begin!"

-Author Note-

Well, this is gonna be fun, huh? I don't consider myself the best at writing fight scenes, so let's hope that this doesn't go terribly.

Anyways, how is everyone enjoying the story so far? I've been enjoying writing it a lot recently. I really like Yuna's character and story outside of UA so it's been fun. I don't really know what I'm talking about, I'm just sort of rambling. I'm sort of stalling having to write the next fight. I know how it's gonna go, but not really at the same time. This is one of the many reasons I don't like writing the sports festival. These one-on-one battles and the cavalry battle. I much prefer all the drama stuff, it's easy for me to write.

How are you all doing? I hope you're doing well. I really don't wanna write this battle. But I'll try to make it good for you guys.

Ok, enough stalling. I'm gonna do this now. Have a great day and wish me luck.

-Starlight