Chapter 7

When Yuna got home that afternoon, her mom was already home and she was greeted with a wonderful smell coming from the kitchen. She tossed her bag on the floor next to her shoes and walked into the kitchen.

"How was your first day?" Hina asked, glancing back at Yuna as she sat down at the table.

"Stressful," Yuna answered simply, laying her head in her arms.

"Really?" Hina questioned, sounding a little concerned. "How come?"

"Our teacher threatened to expel us and we had to do a quirk assessment test," Yuna said.

"Wow, that's one heck of a day. But you made it and I'm sure things'll get better." Hina replied with a smile.

Yuna didn't respond, but after a few minutes, she stood up to head into the basement. But she was stopped by her mom, "Not so fast. I know you always feel like you're going to fall behind, but too much training can be bad for you. You had a big day at school by the sound of it, so you're going to relax at least for today."

"I wasn't gonna-"

"I'm your mother. I think I know you well enough to know that you weren't going downstairs just to chill out in your room." Hina interrupted.

Yuna huffed and went into the living room instead of the basement. She watched tv and played on her phone until her father got home.

Over dinner, Yuna was asked to give her parents a detailed explanation of what happened that day. And after that, she hung out in her room the rest of the night before going to bed.

* * *

The next day, classes started their first lessons of the year. In the morning, the hero course had their basic core classes before they had the hero training class in the afternoon.

After lunch, Yuna took her seat with the rest of the class and anxiously waited for the class to begin. This was something she was looking forward to since she first heard about UA's hero course. She couldn't wait.

And she didn't have to wait very long. A minute after the bell rang, All Might was leaning into the classroom, with his cape being blown by the magic wind that seemed to follow him around.

"I am here!" All Might exclaimed, his signature grin on his face, "Coming through the door like a normal person!"

The entire class started talking about how amazing All Might was as he walked up to the podium. All Might wasn't Yuna's favorite hero, but she still thought of him as more of a celebrity than some other heroes, so knowing he was going to be teaching them was just as big of a deal for her as the rest of the class.

"Welcome to the most important class at UA High." All Might started, "Think of its as hero-ing 101. Here, you will learn the basics of being a pro. And what it means to fight in the name of justice. Let's get started!"

All Might showed the class a card that read 'Battle'. Yuna blinked a few times to make sure she was seeing right. Battle training? One the second day? She wasn't sure she was ready for something like this.

"But one of the keys to being a hero is, looking good!" All Might exclaimed as compartments with numbered cases slid out of the wall. "These were designed for you based on your quirk registration forms and the requests you sent in before school started."

The class erupted in cheers and Yuna felt her excitement bubbling. She hadn't really done much with her costume form since she didn't really know what she wanted for it, but she was still extremely excited.

"Get yourselves suited up and meet me at Training Ground Beta!" All Might instructed before he dismissed the class to let them get changed.

Yuna grabbed her case off the wall and followed the other girls into the changing rooms. When Yuna got there, she opened her case and looked at the costume inside.