Chapter 11

"Today's training will be a little different," Aizawa started as he stood at the front of the class. "You'll have three instructors. Me, All Might, and another faculty member will be keeping tabs on you."

A small gasp sounded from the class. Is that because of the break-in? Yuna questioned silently to herself. I thought it was just reporters? So it couldn't have been a big enough deal for that, right?

"Sir!" Sero said as he raised his hand, snapping Yuna out of her thoughts. "What kinda training is it?"

Aizawa pulled out a card that had the word 'rescue' on it, "Rescue. You'll be dealing with natural disasters, shipwrecks, stuff like that."

The class broke out into chatter and they all talked about the training.

"Guys, I'm not finished," Aizawa said, regaining the class's attention and stopping their conversations. "What you wear during this exercise is up to you. I know you're excited about costumes. But keep in mind that you haven't gotten used to them yet. They might limit your abilities." Aizawa pressed a button and the costume cases all slid out of their compartments. "This special training is at an off-campus facility. So we'll be taking a bus to get there. That's all, start getting ready."

* * *

The class was standing outside in front of the bus when Iida blew a whistle to gain everyone's attention, "Gather around, Class 1-A! Using your student numbers, form two lines so we can load the bus efficiently."

Everyone got on the bus and ignored Iida's plan. Yuna had been one of the last people to board the bus and ended up sitting in the front next to Kaminari.

As the bus started moving, the group at the front started talking about their quirks and Yuna zoned out, staring out the front window. Then Midoriya said her name and gained her attention. "Yeah, I also think Azumi had a really good quirk. It's flashy but really strong too."

"What?" Yuna questioned, not sure what they had been talking about.

"Your quirk is really cool," Midoriya repeated. "It's really strong but still looks really cool. Plus it's really unique."

Yuna frowned, "It doesn't matter if I can hardly use it."

"But you can use your quirk," Midoriya stated, earning a glare from Yuna. He raised his hands defensively and nervously continued, "I mean, you got your quirk a lot later than most people but you're still really strong. And you do have pretty good control over it."

"Wait, what do you mean, she got her quirk later than most people?" Kaminari asked.

Yuna sighed, "I got my quirk when I was nine."

"Nine!" Kirishima exclaimed, everyone else sharing his shock.

"Don't people normally get their quirks when they're four for five?" Tsuyu questioned.

"Yeah," Yuna answered with another sigh.

"Hey, we're here," Aizawa said, interrupting their conversation as the bus stopped in front of a large dome building.

Everyone got off the bus and they were greeted by the rescue hero, Thirteen, "Hello everyone, I can't wait to show you what's inside."

As they followed Thirteen inside the dome, Yuna let out a gasp along with the rest of her classmates. Inside was a ton of different areas all themed to different disasters.

"A shipwreck. A landslide. A fire. A windstorm. Etcetera." Thirteen started, pulling Yuna's attention back to them. "I created this training facility to prepare you to deal with different types of disaters. I call it the Unforeseen Simulation Joint. But you can call it USJ!"

Just like Universal Stodios Japan. Yuna thought with a small sigh.

"Hey, shouldn't All Might be here already?" Aizawa asked, walking up to Thirteen. "Lemme guess, he booked an interview instead."

Thirteen whispered something to Aizawa and held up three fingers, but Yuna didn't catch any of it. Then Aizawa turned back to the class and said, "The clock's ticking. We should get started."

"Excellent! Before we begin, let me just say one thing. Well maybe two things. Possibly three, four, or five," Thirteen rambled.

"We get it," the class interrupted.

"Listen carefully. I'm sure that you're aware that I have a powerful quirk. It's called black hole. I can use it to suck up anything and turn it into dust." Thirteen explained. "My quirk could very easily be used to kill. Some of you also have powers that can be dangerous. In our superhuman society, all quirks are certified and strictly regulated, so we often overlook how unsafe they can actually be. Please don't forget that if you lose focus you or make the wrong move, your powers can be deadly. Even if you're trying to do something heroic like rescue someone."

Yuna shifted a bit where she stood. She had never truly thought about how her quirk could be used to really harm someone. The idea that she would even be able to use her powers well enough to hurt someone had always seemed unrealistic. 

"Thanks to Aizawa fitness tests," Thirteen continued, regaining Yuna's attention, "you have a solid idea of your quirk's potential. And because of All Might's combat training, you likely experienced how dangerous your powers can be when used against other people. Carry those lessons over to this class. Today, you're going to learn how to use your quirks to save people's lives. You won't be using your quirks to attack enemies or each other, only to help. After all, that's what being a hero is all about. Ensuring the safety of others." Thirteen bowed. "That's all I have to say, thank you for listening."

The class clapped after Thirteen finished the speech. Then Aizawa said, "Right, now that that's over-"

As if on cue, the lights flickered and the water fountain in the center of the plaza at the base of the steps started acting up. Yuna tensed as a strange, purple substance appeared and seconds later, villains were walking out of it.

"Stay together and don't move," Aizawa said with urgency. "Thirteen, protect the students."

"Woah, what is that thing?" Kirishima questioned, finally noticing the purple mist and the people coming out of it. "Wait had the training started already. I thought we were rescuing people."

A few of her classmates tried to step forward but Aizawa yelled, "Stay back. This is real. Those are villains."

Yuna took in a sharp breath, fear quickly over taking her. She stumbled back a few steps as she stared down at the villains.

Holy crap. This is real.