Chapter 14

Yuna slowly opened her eyes and saw that she was sitting in the nurse's office. Her entire body felt weak from fatigue and the pain had not completely gone away. She could hardly do more than open her eyes and lift her head to look around the infirmary. The only other person inside was Recovery Girl.

"You're finally awake?" Recovery Girl questioned, spinning around in her chair to look at Yuna.

"Everything hurts," Yuna muttered.

"Well, you were fighting against real villains," Recovery Girl stated. "I heard you had to fight one on your own. No one else in your class had to do that. It's a miracle you made it out alive."

Yuna sighed and closes her eyes, "I got lucky."

"You most certainly did," Recovery Girl said sternly. "Now, you need more rest, go back to sleep and-"

The door flung open, interrupting Recovery Girl and revealing a few of Yuna's worried-looking classmates. "Azumi! Are you awake?"

"She would be now from you yelling," Recovery Girl scolded as nearly half of her class walked into the room and crowded around Yuna's bed.

"Midoriya told us he saw you waking up when he was leaving," Uraraka said, Midoriya standing next to her.

"I heard you fought a villain all by yourself!" Mina exclaimed. "That's crazy!"

"Yeah..." Yuna mumbled, her head slightly hurting from her loud classmates. "I guess... But I lost. She would've..."

Yuna took in a sharp breath as she recalled Miori walking toward her right before the mist had told her to leave. Miori was going to take Yuna with her. She would've been kidnapped by her aunt and forced into being a villain.

"It doesn't matter," Kaminari said, snapping Yuna out of her thoughts. "You managed to hold up against a villain by yourself. I'd say that's a win."

Yuna stared at Kaminari, the memory of telling him about her aunt rushing back to her mind. She had been extremely tired at the time and needed to talk to someone. He was the first person who was there and so now he knew. And Yuna regretted ever saying anything. She wasn't really sure that he would keep the secret. Yuna barely even knew Kaminari and regretted that he had been the first person she told. He seemed like a trustworthy person, but, as Yuna had discovered, people can always be completely different from how they seem.

"Alright, that's enough," Recovery Girl interrupted. "You've bothered her long enough. Now Miss Azumi needs rest."

The group all waved to her before Recovery Girl ushered them out of the room and Yuna let herself drift off to sleep.

* * *

"Yuna! Your home! Thank god you're ok." Hina said the second Yuna stepped in the door, tackling her into a hug.

Yuna winced, her mom accidentally putting pressure on the cut on her arm. Recovery Girl hadn't been able to completely heal it without Yuna having to stay at the school longer. So Yuna just let her wrap it in a bandage and went home. "Watch it."

"Oh sorry," Hina stepped back and looked her daughter up and down. "Are you ok?"

"Yeah... I'm a bit tired, but... physically, I'm fine," Yuna answered with a frown.

"What does that mean?" Hina questioned.

Yuna set down her bag and they sat down at the kitchen table. "You know that villain with a similar quirk to Miori?"

Hina took in a sharp breath, "Was she there?"

"Yeah... She got this mist guy who had a warp quirk to send me to her..." Yuna explained, looking down at the table. She knew her mom knew what she was going to say next. "Aunt Miori is a villain."

A tense silence filled the air as Hina stared at Yuna in shock. Yuna knew her mom had expected it, but hearing it for certain was different.

A few minutes passed before Hina finally spoke. "And... She did this to you?"

Yuna nodded, "She wanted me to join her. She almost took me too, but then the mist villain came and she left."

"I..." Hina struggled to find her words. She took a deep breath and continued. "I think I knew it in the year Miori went missing. I think my parents knew too... I... I should've done more to stop her from going down that path. I had noticed it when she was starting to struggle in university. I thought... I thought she would be fine. And that... seeing you would help her... I guess I was wrong..."

Yuna didn't respond. Silent seconds turned to minutes, but before too much time could stretch on, the front door flung open and the tense air seemed to disappear with the appearance of Yuna's dad.

"Yuna! I just heard on the news! What happened? Are you ok?" Katashi questioned, rushing into the kitchen. Instantly, he noticed the mood. "What's going on?"

"Yuna, why don't you tell us the whole story?" Hina asked as Katashi sat down.

Yuna took a deep breath and nodded before explaining everything that happened. She first talked about how they were about to start when the water fountain started acting up and the mist appeared. She explained how tons of villains had appeared from the mist villain and how it had appeared in front of them when they tried to leave. Then she explained everything that happened with Miori. Katashi had been much more shocked than Hina had been when he heard Miori was a villain, but he recovered much faster.

Once Yuna finished her story, Katashi sighed, "Well, at least you're ok. Don't worry about how to handle telling the rest of the family about Miori. We'll handle that."

"Why don't you get some more rest now?" Hina suggested.

Yuna stood up from the table, "Ok."

Yuna walked out of the kitchen and down the stairs to her room. She grabbed her laptop from her desk and sat down with it on her bed. She turned it on and clipped onto the first article she saw about the attack. Yuna had passed out before anyone could really explain what happened and what the aftermath was. And Recovery Girl hadn't told her anything.

Though, Yuna had opened the article only to stare at it for a minute before realizing she could process any of the words. She let out a sigh and closed her laptop. She'd just get the story from her classmates.

She put her laptop on the floor next to her bed before sinking down into the covers and falling asleep.