Chapter 27

"Yuna, wake up, we're almost there."

Yuna groaned and opened her eyes to Kaminari lightly shaking her. It took her a second to process where she was before she sat up straight and rubbed her eyes, "When did I fall asleep?"

"Like, after 20 minutes," Kaminari answered. "You know, if you were too tired to come, you didn't have to."

Yuna shook her head, "I'm fine."

The train pulled to a stop and after a minute, Yuna followed Kaminari off the train.

Once they exited the train station, Yuna was instantly reminded of trips to Tokyo from years ago, before she got her quirk. The loud sounds of cars and people filled her ears as crowds of people walked by.

Yuna smiled as she remembered coming to Tokyo with her parents when she was little, "I remember coming here a long time ago."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah, but..." Yuna's smile was replaced with a frown. After she got her quirk, her life changed from being a quirkless nobody to someone who really had the ability to become a hero. She had devoted nearly every second of her time to learning how to use her quirk and getting stronger. Whenever her parents had suggested going where, even just for a weekend, Yuna had refused. She was always scared of being weaker than everyone else. Of turning into the pathetic person her grandparents thought her to be.

"But what?" Kaminari questioned, snapping Yuna out of her thoughts before she could start to dwell on negative things.

Yuna shook her head, "It's just been a really long time since I've been here."

"Oh, well I was here with some of my friends from middle school last year, so," Kaminari moved to stand in front of her and held his hand out, "I'll be your personal tour guide, my lady."

Yuna laughed, and lightly knocked his hand away, "Because I'm so sure following you around won't end in us getting lost."

"Hey! It won't!" Kaminari argued.

Yuna shook her head and Kaminari let out a huff before the two of them started to make their way to the first location on Kaminari's improvised list, Kiyashi Ward Shopping Mall. Since there was a food court in the mall and it was nearing lunchtime Yuna let Kaminari drag her around the mall from store to store, offering to buy her outfits that Yuna quickly refused before they went to get lunch. While they were going from store to store, both of them had gotten recognized multiple times by random people they walked by. Yuna had found it very strange being complimented by random strangers. But she had ignored the uncomfortable feeling she had been getting every time someone came up to her when they went to get lunch.

"Are you sure I can't consider this our first date?" Kaminari questioned as Yuna took a bite of the ramen she had got. Yuna glared at him and he raised his hands defensively. "Just saying. I paid for tickets here, and lunch and I'm gonna end up paying for most of the other stuff we do too."

"What other stuff?" Yuna asked.

"Well, I was thinking we could go to the Skytree," Kaminari said.

Yuna hummed, "The Skytree? I don't think I've ever been up there."

"Really?" Kaminari asked, earning a nod from Yuna. "Wow, did you only ever stay at your house and train? That's so boring."

"When you go five extra years of not having any special powers you want to make up for that time," Yuna growled. "Besides, I have people I need to prove wrong."

Kaminari groaned, "So what? If you have to prove something to them then they're not worth your time. You probably made up for the time you missed a long time ago. You're way stronger than nearly half of our class. At least in my opinion."