Chapter 9

Yuna woke up to find herself in the nurse's office. She shifted so she was sitting up against the headrest.

"Oh, you're finally awake," Yuna turned to see Recovery Girl sitting on a chair not far from her. "That other boy, Midoriya, left just a few minutes ago."

"What time is it?" Yuna questioned, leaning her head back against the wall. She felt extremely tired. She probably would've passed out again if she closed her eyes for more than a second.

"Classes end about 10 minutes ago," Recovery Girl answered.

Yuna let out a sigh. She had expected to have been sleeping for at least an hour. Turns out, she was right.

"Am I fine to leave?" Yuna asked.

"You didn't sustain any serious injuries, so yes," Recovery Girl said as Yuna got out of the bed.

Yuna gave Recovery Girl a small bow, "Thank you."

"Take care of yourself, Child," Recovery Girl replied as Yuna walked out the door.

As she was walking to her classroom, Midoriya ran past her. She narrowed her eyes at his back as he continued running down the hall. Ever since the first day here, Yuna knew there was something up with Midoriya. Him suddenly having a quirk had been really strange and Yuna could think of no way to explain it.

Yuna let out a sigh and just continued back to the classroom. It wasn't her business and just because they were in the same middle school class didn't mean she really cared.

"Azumi!" Mina exclaimed the second Yuna walked into the classroom.

"Oh, you're awake too," Uraraka said, her and a few others coming up to her.

"I was quite worried when you pass out, Mademoiselle," Aoyama said.

"Yeah. It was super scary. But then the time ran out and you won. Which was totally not fair." Mina whined. "You tricked us!"

"We won?" Yuna questioned, earning a nod from Mina. "Oh."

"You were the MVP too," Kirishima added.

Yuna stared at him, her eyes widened in shock, "What? But I passed out."

"All Might said that it was because you had come up with a good plan and was able to keep things under control the whole time," Uraraka explained.

"Yeah, you were really cool," Kaminari said with a smile.

Yuna shifted under everyone's gaze, "I passed out after using my power three times." She muttered.

"Yeah, but you were pretty awesome when you used your power," Kaminari replied.

Yuna couldn't tell if he had picked up on her dark tone or not, but she didn't care. She didn't respond and pushed past Kaminari and Kirishima to get her stuff.  Then she walked out the door and went to the locker room to change.

* * *

Yuna let out a frustrated sigh as she flopped down onto her bed. Despite what her classmates had said, she hadn't been proud of her win. It wasn't a win for her if she wasn't awake to celebrate it.

"Three times," Yuna muttered as she sat up on her bed. "It just took three times."

She got up from her bed and pulled out her homework. Yuna spent the next hour working on the work she missed while she was asleep before someone knocked on her door.

"Yeah?"

Yuna's mother opened the door and stood in the door frame, "Hey, how are you?"

"Fine?"

Hina walked into the room and sat down on Yuna's bed. Yuna turned in her chair so she was facing her mom as she spoke, "I got a call from the school."

"Oh."

"What happened?" Hina asked.

Yuna let out a sigh, "Nothing. We were doing a hero training exercise thing and I just passed out. It's not a big deal."

"Yuna..." Hina sighed, "I know you hold yourself to high standards. And that's ok. Just don't push yourself too far. You are really strong, you can give yourself some breathing room."

"I can't let myself fall behind," Yuna said, glaring at her mom.

"I know," Hina said. "I'm not telling you to stop working hard. Just be careful, ok? I don't want something bad to happen to you."

"I know Mom," Yuna replied, earning a small smile from her mom.

"I know you know," Hina stood up and her expression turned to one of partial seriousness. "I don't want a call about you visiting the nurse's office every week. This better be a one-off thing."

Yuna frowned, "Yeah, ok."

"Good. Now, I'm going to be upstairs if you need anything." Hina said before she walked out of the room and closed the door behind her.

Yuna let out a long sigh and rested her head in her arms. She knew that she was going to end up in the nurse's office more than her mom would want, but there was nothing she could do about it. 

Yuna pulled her laptop forward from where it was in the corner of the desk and opened it. The first thing that popped up when she opened her browser was a news article. She clicked on it and skimmed through it.

According to the article, the solar villain Solis has struck again. Yuna had always been curious about the villain. Something about her just interested Yuna. According to her mom, the villain's quirk was the same as her aunt's. Hina had said it was probably just a strange coincidence, and Yuna had agreed with her, but it still interested her.

Yuna's aunt had got missing when Yuna was 11. Yuna had actually seen her the month before she went missing. To Yuna, there had been nothing wrong with her aunt. She had been a late bloomer like Yuna, but she was way more laid back than Yuna. She had a really fun personality and Yuna had really enjoyed being around her. Her parents and grandparents had also seemed to be pretty happy around her too.

But all that changed after she went missing. Her grandparents had started to talk down about Yuna's aunt more than Yuna had ever seen before and had always told Yuna's parents not to let her turn out like her aunt. After Yuna's aunt went missing, Yuna rarely saw her grandparents even on holidays and when she did, they had always glared at her and never spoke.

Yuna leaned back in her chair and closed out of the article. It didn't matter. There was no way Yuna was going to accept the idea that someone in her family was a villain. And even if it was true, Yuna wasn't going to follow in her aunt's footsteps.

She'd prove her grandparents wrong and become a great hero.