Chapter 13

Miori weakly glared up at Yuna as she touched her side, wincing from the pain. The cuts weren't deep, but they had hurt. And that's when Miori realized something.

She started laughing so hysterically it terrified Yuna, "You can't hurt me! You won't really hurt me! Oh Yuna, my sweet little niece. You are destined to join me! You can't run from your destiny! No one can!"

"You're insane," Yuna said, taking deep breaths and staring at her aunt with fear in her eyes. "You're absolutely insane."

Yuna watched as Miori closed her eyes and held her hands out. That's when a sudden burst of light erupted from her, blinding Yuna. She closed her eyes as her vision went white from the sudden bright light. She kept leaning against the tree and listened for something to indicate Miori was coming toward her.

Then, suddenly, Yuna felt burning pain shoot through her arm as she was hit by one of Miori's light beams. She opened her eyes, her vision slightly covered by darkness from the flash of blinding light.

"Yuna~" Miori sang with a taunting tone, more of her insanity showing. "Come on and just join me. I don't like hurting my little niece."

"You are not my aunt," Yuna said defiantly, her hand holding the deep cut in her arm. "You aren't the person I remember. The person I knew."

Yuna drew the Aries constellation and the ram charged at Miori. Miori laughed and blew the ram up with an exploding ball of light. Yuna screamed as the ram was hit and disappeared. She felt like she had just been hit by one of Bakugo's super explosions.

"Just give up and join me," Miori attempted again as Yuna's ears rung. "I really do hate hurting you."

Yuna fell to the ground, leaning against the tree and spitting up more blood. Yet, she still glared up at Miori, "You'd kill me before I become a villain."

Miori's eyes widened before she glared at Yuna, "You idiot!" She screamed. "Don't you understand what I'm offering you? A chance to be powerful! A chance to finally break free from our horrible family! A chance to prove everyone wrong!"

Weakly, Yuna drew the Corvus constellation and a raven appeared. It started to fly forward but disappeared as Yuna coughed up more blood. She was at her limit. If she did any more, she might die. It was a shock that she hadn't passed out yet. Especially when her entire body was practically numb from pain.

Miori let out a sigh, "It seems you've finally reached your limit."

"I won't... join you," Yuna muttered weakly before coughing up more blood.

"You don't have a choice," Miori said as she walked toward Yuna. Yuna glared at her as she got closer, but stopped when the purple mist that had brought Yuna to her aunt appeared behind her.

"Time is up, Miori. All the heroes are here." The mist informed.

Yuna's eyes widened as Miori turned around with a frustrated sigh, "Fine. I guess you got lucky, or, well, unlucky this time, Yuna. But I'll make sure you see eye to eye with me. I will make you stronger."

Yuna watched as her aunt, who she had just seen for the first time in four years disappeared again. But unlike the first time, Yuna was glad Miori was gone.

"Yuna!" Yuna's entire body tensed as her eyes darted around the trees to see who had called her name. That's when she saw Yaoyorozi, Kaminari, Jiro, and a few heroes all running toward her. She let out a sigh of relief and let her body relax as they ran up to her.

"Woah, hey, what happened?" Kaminari asked as him and the two girls crouched down in front of Yuna.

"What does it-" Yuna coughed, earning worried looks from her three classmates. "Look like. I was attacked by a villain."