Chapter 30

Yuna followed Amethyst out of the agency and down the street. This was Yuna's first time going out with her hero costume on. It was also her first time seeing a hero she was working with interact with the public this way. Amethyst would wave to a small group of people that noticed her or agreed to take photos with others. It was strange seeing just how popular Amethyst was in this area and how much people liked her. Yuna had never wanted to be a hero to be liked, but she wouldn't mind being popular enough to be recognized all the time and be told how inspiring she was. If she could inspire others to stay strong in the most difficult times, she would be a successful hero.

"So, Stella, let's start with some basic things," Amethyst started as she smiled and waved to a girl and her mother. "First, patrols. It's important to take frequent patrols, even if you're a hero as big as All Might with hundreds of sidekicks. Not only will patrols help you be on the crime scene faster, but they also give a sense of security to all the people you see. Seeing a pro hero out just walking around can help reduce crime and just make people feel safer."

"Right."

"Patrols are where a lot of my energy goes. It's different for every hero, but I particularly like patrols instead of getting bigger assignments. Patrols are relaxing and a lot more fun than actual missions." Amethyst explained. Yuna nodded and Amethyst continued, "But, I do get requests to help with some bigger hero missions. Like recently, I was sent to help some heroes in America with a big villain there. I got really lucky I got back in time for the sports festival."

"So there's patrols and missions," Yuna mumbled as Amethyst greeted a couple that had waved to her.

"And paperwork," Amethyst added. Yuna didn't think she had heard her. "Lots of paperwork."

"I thought the police did a lot of the paperwork stuff," Yuna said.

Amethyst sighed, "Yeah, they usually do. But that's not with everything. Plus, I get sent in to do a lot of investigation and undercover stuff. If someone's being particularly difficult, I can usually show them their worst fear and they'll start talking."

"Oh."

"Yeah. I don't love the undercover, underground stuff, but it's still needed. You can't be a hero if you can't adjust to different types of work." Amethyst said, earning a nod from Yuna, who had thought back to how Aizawa, someone who did better fighting one-on-one, found the huge group of villains at the USJ.

Yuna opened her mouth to respond when they suddenly heard screaming. People started to run away from the source and in an instant, the street was filled with chaos.

"Come on!" Amethyst shouted over the screaming citizens. She started to run toward the source of the panic, Yuna following close behind her. "It's time to see what you're made of."

Yuna and Amethyst quickly made it to the center of the commotion and saw a man with crab hands holding a bag of money in one hand and a woman in the other. Yuna's first thought was how unfortunate he had been to end up with such a dumb quirk, but then the next was a plan on how to capture him without harming the hostage.

"Well well well, if it isn't the heroes," the crab villain said with a sneer. He seemed to have confidence in himself, which Yuna found a little strange. "Let me through with this money and I won't hurt this girl."

Amethyst crossed her arms and huffed, "Isn't that an appealing offer. Unfortunately, I don't think my friend here will agree."

Yuna glanced up at Amethyst before she quickly drew the Auriga constellation, which summoned a cheetah that charged into the villain faster than he could react. The woman fell out of his grip and Amethyst helped her away.

"I think you can handle this, I'm gonna start calming these people down," Amethyst shouted to Yuna, who nodded as the cheetah disappeared and the crab man stood up.

"Hey! That's was totally unfair!" The crab man yelled, pointing an accusing claw at Yuna. "You're gonna pay for that!"

The crab man ran toward Yuna, but before he could even get close, she summoned the Aries constellation, and the ram charged into the villain and pushed him back into the wall of the jewelry store he robbed. The villain grunted as he stood up. Yuna let the ram disappear and summoned a raven, which flew at the crab man and distracted him as Yuna drew the Draco constellation. The crab man snapped the raven in half with one of his claws, causing pain to shoot through her body. The raven faded as Yuna held her stomach, feeling like she had been cut in half. Luckily, the dragon hadn't disappeared and it wrapped itself around the crab man and lifted him into the air.

Though, somehow, the crab villain managed to snap at the dragon and it disappeared. Yuna winced as the pain from the raven got worse, but she managed to ignore it and draw the cancer constellation, which summoned a giant crab. The translucent crab, which was just barely shorter than the street lights, snapped its claws before picking up the now terrified crab villain. He tried to struggle but failed to get out of the giant crab's grip before the police arrived seconds later.

"Nice job, Stella," Amethyst complimented once the villain was being forced into a police car. "That was pretty impressive."

"Thanks," Yuna muttered.

Yuna stood near Amethyst as she talked with the police about what had happened. After the police officers finished the report, they drove off with the villain and finished damage control.

"Hey, are you a new hero? I've never seen you with Amethyst." A woman asked, gaining Yuna's attention.

"She's actually an intern," Amethyst told her, putting an arm around Yuna. "This is Stella from UA. She's one of their first-years."

"Oh, I recognize her from the sports festival!" Someone exclaimed, trying to push their way to the front of the small crowd that had formed around Yuna and Amethyst.

"Yeah, you're gonna make a great hero!" Another person exclaimed.

"She certainly is," Amethyst agreed, with a big smile. Yuna shifted with a bit of embarrassment. "But we've got to go now. Villains don't wait for us to finish meeting with our fans."

The crowd wished Yuna good luck and thanked both of them for their help before Amethyst lead Yuna down the street and the crowd dissolved.

"Looks like you're already pretty popular," Amethyst said with a smirk.

"It's weird," Yuna muttered.

"Yeah, you'll get used to it," Amethyst replied. "It stops being weird after just a little."

Yuna hummed, "Yeah, hopefully."

"Well, we're gonna finish up and then head back to the agency. Then that'll wrap up the day." Amethyst said. "I'll start working on the plan for tomorrow and we'll be doing a lot of training with work with your quirk. And then the day after that we'll probably do some more in-field stuff."

"Ok."