Chapter 18

After everyone got back to the stadium, they all gathered in front of the small stage Midnight was standing on.

"The first game is finally over, and what a game it was! Now, let's take a look at the standings, shall we?" The screen behind Midnight showed all the rankings and Yuna scanned it for her name, surprised when she saw she had made it in seventh. She could've sworn more people had passed her as she was running to the stadium, but she wasn't complaining. "42 of you have qualified to move onto the next round. But don't be too let down if you didn't make the cut. We've prepared other opportunities for you to shine.

"Now the real fun is about to begin. The chance to fully move into the limelight. Give it your best! Let's see what we have in store for you next." Midnight waved her whip and the blur of events came up again. After a second, the words 'Cavalry Battle' appeared on the screen. "Allow me to explain. The participants will form teams of two to four people as they see fit. In theory, it's basically the same as a regular playground game. But there's one difference. Each player had been assigned a point value based on the results from the obstacle course. The point assignments go up by increments of five, starting from the bottom. For example, 42nd place is worth five points, and 41st is worth ten. And the point value assigned to the first place contestant is... ten million!"

Yuna glanced over at Midoriya. Ten million. So whoever takes down his team is guaranteed to win. Yuna thought. And by the looks of everyone else, they were all thinking the same thing. 

"First years!" Midnight shouted, getting the glaring student's attention off Midoriya and back on her. "These are the rules to abide by. The game itself will last fifteen minutes, individual point values will be added together to reach your team's total. Everybody will know how much you're worth thanks to your headbands. Swipe as many as you can to raise your team's score. Stolen headbands must be worn from the neck up. So the more you steal, the harder it'll be to manage them. And another thing, even if your headband gets stolen or your team falls down, you can keep playing until time's up. This is going to be rough. You may use your quirks as much as you like. But, there are still rules! Make a team fall on purpose and I'll slap you with a red card. You'll be disqualified!"

Then, a fifteen-minute timer appeared on the screen, signaling that the countdown to make teams was starting. Yuna glanced around as the other students all started to separate into groups with their classmates. She watched as a ton of people from her class went up to Bakugo to beg him to join. She rolled her eyes. The idea of joining up with Bakugo never once crossed her mind. Even if he was strong, his bullying in the past would make it impossible for her to team up with him.

Yuna let out a sigh and drifted through the groups, searching for someone to join. And that's when a familiar green-haired boy caught her attention.

* * *

By the time the timer reached zero, everyone had created their teams. Yuna had joined Midoriya's team and was the front horse. In the back, standing next to Uraraka, was a student from the support course, Mei Hatsume. She had brought a ton of inventions she had created to help them win the cavalry battle.

"Oh goodie, it's time to get this party started!" Midnight exclaimed.

"Hey, hey! Look alive!" Present Mic said, "After fifteen minutes to pick teammates and talk strategy twelve Calvary teams have prepared to go head to head."

"I see some unexpected student combinations," Aizawa said.

"Come on everyone, put your hands into the air!" Present Mic shouted, getting the crowd pumped up. "It's time for an arena bumping battle royal! Let me hear you scream!"

"You ready?" Midoriya asked.

"Yeah!" Uraraka exclaimed.

"Hatsume?"