Chapter 66

"I can't believe you guys actually fought," Yuna said as Bakugo and Midoriya were both vacuuming the rug in the common room. Everyone was shocked after finding out the two boys had fought. It was only the day after the provisional license exam and now Bakugo and Midoriya were under house arrest for the next three to four days.

"It's nice that they're cleaning everything though," Kaminari replied, causing Bakugo to shake with suppressed anger.

The class made a few more comments before they walked out of the dorm and started making their way to the school for the start-of-term ceremony. Kaminari was talking to her and Kirishima about the ceremony, but Yuna was only half paying attention.

I wonder what they fought over. Yuna thought as Kaminari and Kirishima talked about what they thought would be in store for them during the new term. She knew things were changing with Midoriya and Bakugo since they got to UA. And while she had only known them since middle school, she felt like she was missing something.

She never really thought much about it, but Midoriya's quirk had always been strange to her. She had experience with late quirks, but even though she had to wait until she was nine to get hers, it seemed strange that Midoriya didn't get his until he was 15. And she wouldn't believe that he would lie about what the doctors told him. Maybe he didn't understand when he was that little, but his parents would. There was a distinction between being quirkless and getting a quirk late. And everything that had happened between Midoriya and Bakugo was based around the sudden appearance of his quirk. Yuna was starting to get the feeling that Bakugo knew something about his quirk that no one else did, although she might've been making that up.

But Bakugo had also been weird since the Kamino incident. She didn't find it surprising and he mostly hid it, but Bakugo was definitely more affected by that incident than she was. Yuna was at a point where the whole thing hadn't felt real and nothing had happened with Miori since then, so she moved on from the whole thing quickly. Sometimes when she thought back to it, she couldn't believe she had stayed pretty calm, yet she knew that was about as panicked as she'd be no matter what. But while she just thought of it as a crazy memory, it seemed like it weighed on Bakugo. He was good at hiding it, but the fight between him and Midoriya made it clear he finally has enough.

"Woah, watch where you're walking," Kaminari said, grabbing Yuna's shoulders and stopping her from running into Sero, who stopped when Monoma started yelling at them about how everyone in class b passed the provisional license exam. Yuna felt like she was just pulled out of a trance and she must've looked that way as Kaminari said, "You ok?"

"Uh, yeah, I was just thinking," Yuna muttered, glancing at him and then around the hall. Kaminari gave her a concerned look that Yuna ignored as Iida yelled at them for clogging up the halls after Shinso, who Yuna kind of forgot existed, commented about them being in the way. After that encounter, the class made their way outside and everyone stood in front of a podium that Principal Nezu was standing on.

"Hi there! It's the adorable small mammal you all know and love, the principal!" Nezu greeted cheerfully, causing everyone's chatter to die down. "You may notice the fur I'm so proud of has deteriorated in quality. I haven't been taking care of it. This is something that can happen to humans too. Even if you eat a balanced diet full of vitamins and minerals, you won't have a mane of luscious locks unless you're getting lots of sleep. That's the secret! Disturbances in your normal resting patterns are terrible for your hair. So if you want to improve your fur's strength then make sure you get plenty of hours of sleep."

I think he had an idea of where to go with this and lost it on the way. Yuna thought as Nezu rambled. Although he seemed to find his point as he said "My own sleep cycle had been upset by the incidents that took place over summer vacation, which I'm sure everyone here knows about already. We lost a pillar of hope. The ramifications of which have appeared faster than I could've ever imagined. And there will likely be even more chaos in our world in the near future. In particular, this will be most apparent to those studying in our hero course. You must approach extracurricular activities like the work studies available to second and third with a greater sense of caution than ever before."

Kaminari looked at her for an explanation and she shrugged, "Maybe they're what comes after the internships."

He nodded as Nexu continued, "The air always feels heavy when we talk about gloomy subjects. But, rest assured, your teachers are working hard to remove this weight from your shoulders. I'd like all of you to learn from their diligence and remember that hard work will help you develop into capable heroes. Whether hero course, support, business, or general studies. I don't want any of you to forget that you're the ones who will inherit our society."

"Well spoken. Thank you, Principal Nezu." Vlad said as Nezu stepped down from the podium, having finished his speech. Yuna was at a point where she was a bit sick of hearing Nezu talk and didn't think having someone else talk at them would make her any less bored. "Now we'll hear from the extra-curricular guidance teacher. Please give Mr. Hound Dog your attention."

"Yesterday..." Hound Dog started, growling into the microphone. But the only words after that Yuna could understand were "two students", everything else was just barks and growls. 

Luckily, he was only up there for a few minutes before stepping down and Vlad returned to clarify, "All right. As you just heard, there were students fighting last night. I know you're not used to life in the dorms, but let's all be a little more respectful moving forward."

I could barely get that and I know what happened last night. Yuna thought as Vlad dismissed the classes. There was no point in having him go up there.

Yuna let out a sigh as she walked with the rest of her class back to their classroom. There, Aizawa briefly explained work studies, which seemed to be a step up from the internships as Yuna thought. She was a bit unsure, but Yuna guessed from what Aizawa said and her own assumptions that the work studies would basically be like the hero work they'd do when they became actual heroes. It seemed like hero work that would be alongside their classes.

The idea of work studies and questions lingered on her mind as Present Mic walked into the classroom and Yuna began doodling constellations in her notebook as he began teaching.