Chapter 26

"You all have the next two days off for a break," Aizawa said. Yuna and her classmates were back in the classroom since the festival had ended. "I'm sure the pros who watched the festival will want to recruit some of you. We'll look over the draft forms and update you when you return. Get some rest. You still have a lot of training."

"Yes, sir!"

Yuna slowly packed her things after Aizawa left the room. Two days. That's a good amount of time for training.

"Hey, Azumi," Kaminari said, standing next to her desk. Yuna looked up at him as she slung her bag over her shoulder. "What are you gonna do over the break?"

"Train. My quirk started acting differently during the festival. I need to figure out how to use that to the best of my advantage." Yuna answered.

"How about, instead of that, you hang out with me tomorrow," Kaminari suggested. Yuna glared at him and he continued. "Come on, you just got done fighting a ton. You need a break."

"I'm not going to fall behind because-"

"You're not going to fall behind because you're already one of the strongest people in our class," Kaminari interrupted. "If you start falling behind it's gonna be because you're overworking yourself, not because you took a one or two-day break to relax for once in your life."

Yuna glared at him and made a move to walk away, but he blocked her.

"Come on. We'll go to the mall or the arcade or something. It'll be fun." Kaminari insisted.

Yuna sighed and opened her mouth to say something, then closed it as a thought popped in her head, "Are you trying to ask me out?"

Kaminari's face instantly turned red. "Wh-what? No, no, no, not at all. I mean, not that I wouldn't like going out with you. But I'm not tr-trying to or- or anything. I mean, it can be whatever you want it to be. I don't care."

A smile formed on Yuna's lips before she laughed. Kaminari stared at her as she shook her head, "Don't get your hopes up. I'll come, but only because I'm sure my parents will try to keep me from doing stuff tomorrow."

"Great!" Kaminari exclaimed, the redness on his face not going away entirely. Yuna had to admit, seeing him that flustered when he was usually making flirtatious comments was cute. She wouldn't mind hanging out with him for a little while. "I'll text you tomorrow or something."

"Ok."

* * *

"I'm heading out," Yuna announced throughout the house as she put on her black boots. It was the next day after the festival and Yuna was heading out to meet Kaminari at the mall.

The day before, when Yuna had gotten home she had been tackled into a hug by her mom. They congratulated her on how far she made it in the tournament and took her out to eat. Her parents had managed to finally make her feel good about how well she did in the tournament. And she now had her third-place medal hanging on display in her room.

After the excitement had died down a bit, Yuna had told her mom about Miori's call. Hina had sort of freaked out on Yuna for not telling her sooner, but they had resolved it. She calmed down and talked with Yuna about what to do if Miori ever called again.

"To meet up with that boy?" Hina asked with a smirk on her face, glancing up and down at the outfit Yuna had on. She hadn't really put anything special on, but compared to her normal leggings and hoodie it was much nicer. She had on a casual white dress that ended just below her knees on with a light purple jacket over top of it.

Yuna rolled her eyes, pulling her purse strap over her shoulder, "He's just a friend."

"That's what you say now," Hina replied with a teasing tone. Then she approached her daughter and gave her a quick hug. "Have fun. And remember to relax. Not everything has to be training."