Chapter 22

"It's the first match of the second round!" Present Mic shouted. "These two heroes in training have both been front runners in the Sports Festival! It's  Midoriya! Verses, Todoroki! But which of these rivals will advance to the next round?"

"Begin!"

As soon as the match started, Todoroki sent an ice attack at Midoriya, which he was able to counter. A strong, cold gust of wind blew through the stadium, over the crowd. Yuna tensed and pulled her jacket tighter over her body. A few seconds passed and Todoroki sent another ice barrage at Midoriya, who smashed the ice with a gust of wind. Then it happened again.

"Oh no, crap!" Yuna looked over to see Kirishima coming down the steps and stand next to Bakugo. "I'm missing it."

"Hey, nice job making it to the second round, Kirishima," Kaminari said.

"Thanks, man," Kirishima replied, then he looked at Bakugo, "Looks like I take down Bakugo next."

"I'll kill you," Bakugo growled.

Yuna rolled her eyes as Kirishima laughed, "Yeah, sure. In your dreams. Yeah, but seriously, it's crazy how you and Todoroki both have moves that blast the whole stadium. Must be pretty nice."

"Plus you don't have to pause between attacks," Sero added.

"It's not as easy as you think, you morons," Bakigo retorted. "If you overuse your muscles you risk tearing them apart. If you sprint too much you'll run out of breath. Quirks are physical abilities too, they get worn out. You can't just use them non-stop."

"It makes sense when you put it that way," Kirishima said. "I wonder if that's how Midoriya thinks he's gonna bet Todoroki."

"If that's his plan then he'll probably lose," Yuna stated, earning the boys' attention.

"What?" Kaminari questioned.

Yuna pressed her lips together as Todoroki used another ice attack, which Midoriya countered. "Midoriya not nearly as skilled at using his quirk as Todoroki is. The differences in their limits are huge. Technically, Midoriya's already reached his limit in a way, so if he's going for an endurance match, chances are, he'll lose."

"What do you mean he's already reached his limit?" Kirishima asked.

"The only way he can use his quirk is by breaking his bones," Yuna answered. "It's how someone who just got a quirk and still doesn't know how to control it would use it."

"You'd know all about that, huh?" Bakugo growled. Yuna glared at him and he glared back.

"Ok, you two, cool it," Kaminari said.

Yuna let out a sigh and leaned back in her chair. She watched as Todoroki ran toward Midoriya on an ice ramp and dodge him only to get caught in his ice. Then a gust of wind larger than any of the others flowed throughout the stadium. But when the dust settled, Todoroki was still standing just fine and Midoriya's arm was broken.

"It's like he's his own opponent," Yuna muttered, staring down at Midoriya.

"Yeah, why does Midoriya's quirk break his bones?" Kirishima asked. "You and Bakugo knew him in middle school, what's his deal?"

Bakugo stayed silent and Yuna sighed, "That's a good question, but I don't really have an answer. But until this year, I thought- both me and Bakugo thought he was quirkless. And I bet he did too. Which is why him having a quirk doesn't really make any sense to me."

"Did you think you were quirkless when you didn't get your quirk until later?" Kaminari questioned.

Yuna shook her head, "No. When I went to the doctors they just told me I'd just have to wait longer to get my quirk. I always knew I was gonna get one."

Kaminari muttered an 'oh' and Yuna turned her attention back to the fight.

Todoroki sent more ice toward Midoriya. Yuna didn't think Midoriya would be able to block this one, but then a strong wave of wind blasted the ice.

Then Todoroki came running at Midoriya, but he was moving a lot slower than before. When Todoroki got close enough, Midoriya managed to punch him, sending him back. Though, Todoroki was able to get him with some ice. A collective gasp was heard from the crowd and Todoroki tried another ice attack, but Midoriya easily dodged it. Then they went back and forth for a minute, Midoriya seemingly breaking his bones a second or maybe a third time.

Midoriya then yelled something at Todoroki before punching him and yelling more stuff at him. Then, suddenly, Yuna felt a wave of heat as she watched Todoroki burst into flames. Yuna let out a breath as she stared down at the boy half covered in ice and half covered in fire.

Then both of them tried to go at each other with extremely powerful attacks, only for it to be blocked by Cementos and a huge gust of wind from an explosion kicked up a ton of dust. Yuna covered her face with her arm before the wind stopped and the dust cleared, showing Midoriya out of bounds and Todoroki still standing.

"Wow," Kaminari breathed as Midoriya was wheeled away on a stretcher and Todoroki still standing.

"Now I have two people I definitely don't want to go against," Yuna muttered.

"Two? Who's the other person?" Kaminari questioned.

Yuna gave him an annoyed look, "Take a wild guess."

"Oh, Bakugo."

Yuna nodded and Bakugo growled, "You'd never stand a chance against me."

Yuna didn't respond and just leaned back in her seat as the stage was repaired for the next match, Iida verse Shiozaki. Compared to the last match, this was nothing. Iida used his recipro burst to push her out of bounds.

Then it was time for Yuna's match. Kaminari wished her luck when she left a little less than halfway through Iida's match and made her way down to the waiting room. When it was time for her battle, she took a few deep breaths and made her way out to the field.

"She won her last battle by using a wicked-looking dragon! From the hero course, Yuna Azumi!" Present Mic shouted as Yuna walked toward the stage. "Verses! She's used super acidic acid last round, also from the hero course, Mina Ashido!"

Yuna took a few deep breaths. She had confidence from when she won her match against Yaoyorozu. She had experience fighting Mina, all she had to do was strike first and fast and not let her have an opportunity to move around. It'd be over the second Mina started moving around Yuna, who would have little mobility while using her quirk.

"Ready? Begin!"