Chapter 62

Taking down two people turned out to be incredibly easy for Yuna and the rest of the group. She was able to eliminate one person almost immediately as they were still on the floor looking confused. From there, the group half worked together while half going after their own targets, and they were soon walking to the anteroom, which was where they were told to do once they hit their targets.

When they got there, they ran into Midoriya, Uraraka, and Sero. Kirishima and Kaminari started cheering with Uraraka and Sero as Yuna watched Bakugo say something to Midoriya that caused him to have a horrified expression. Yuna narrowed her eyes at the two as Bakugo walked away from Midoriya. Something had been off about them since the incendent in Kamino. While she didn't hang around Midoriya much, she somehow ended up in the Bakusquad and was constantly around Bakugo. Yuna knew Bakugo had just changed overall since middle school, but something about how he had been acting, specifically around Midoriya. It made her feel like she was missing something. She wasn't around either of them in middle school much, but she still felt like she was out of the loop.

But the feeling didn't linger as Kaminari dragged her out of her thoughts by grabbing her hand and leading her into the anteroom. There they found a couple of their classmates.

Oh, hey. What a relief. I was starting to get worried." Yaoyorozu said as Kaminari pulled a slightly flustered Yuna over to her, Shoji, and Jiro.

"No need to worry about us, Yao-momo. What's up? When did you guys pass? You guys just get here too?" Kaminari asked.

"We just finished as well. Todoroki got here before us." Shoji answered.

"I was kinda shocked Bakugo wasn't here already,"  Jiro said as she walked forward and Bakugo joined the group. "But now it makes sense, you were with him."

"Oh come on!" Kaminari exclaimed. "Why is everyone dragging on me today?"

"Surprisingly, he was actually helpful," Yuna replied, defending her boyfriend. "I think Bakugo would've been in a bad position if Denki hadn't been there."

"That's not true! I didn't need his help or yours!" Bakugo shouted, glaring at Yuna.

Yuna rolled her eyes, "Yeah, sure. That's why your plan revolved around having someone save you."

"He didn't save me!" Bakugo yelled.

"Honestly, Azumi, you can't be trusted to say anything. You always favor Kaminari because you two are dating." Jiro pointed out.

Yuna's face flushed, "That's not true!"

"Yeah, she just knows how to identify talent," Kaminari said with a smirk as he put his arm around her shoulders. Yuna felt her face heat up even more and couldn't hold eye contact with anyone.

"You might just be digging yourself into a further hole," Jiro replied with a snicker.

Their conversation was interrupted as it was announced that there was only 18 spots left. Then 10. There were still 9 people in their class still missing. In just about two or three minutes, those 10 spots were filled by the last 9 UA students and one other before Meta announced, "The last students passed! Every spot is now filled! One hundred students will advance. The end is finally here. Wah-hoo!"

Yuna smiled as everyone cheered. Their entire class managed to pass. Yuna glanced around the room and her eyes feel on an upsettingly familiar redhead. Rika's firey red eyes meet Yuna's purple eyes and she felt her whole body tense. Rika glared at her and Yuna glared back before Kaminari pulled her attention away with his entusiaism.

"Unfortunately, those of you who failed will now have to withdraw from the licensing exam. Please leave the test area immediately." Mera ordered. "Alright, and now, for the 100 of you how passed the first test, please turn your attention to the screen."

Yuna looked up at the screen just as everyone else did. There was video of the test arena. It was still for a moment and chatter filled the room before an explosion went off. Then multiple other explosions followed and soon the entire test arena was in ruin.

"There's only one more round to the exam. Your goal is simple, undertake rescue exercises and save the bystanders who are trapped in these disaster sights." Mera explained. "Use this time to show us how you will carry out successful rescue procedures once you obtain your provisional licenses. Treat this as though it were the real thing."

Yuna felt her nerves hit her again. They barely did any rescue exercises. And while she had ideas on how to use her quirk in rescue situations and learned about stuff in class, actually doing it was a lot different.

"These specialists have been treated as professional 'persons I  need of rescue". They're very popular. Introducing the Help Us Company, also known as HUC for short. The HUC bystanders have dressed up like I jured victims and will be located throughout the disaster sight." Mera went on. "We'll be judging based on how well you keep them safe as you go about your mission. Oh, by the way, we'll be scoring you on a point system. If you have more points than the benchmark by the time the exam ends, then you pass. We'll start in 10 minutes. Take care of any preparations you may have now."

"10 minutes, that's a bit of time," Yuna mumbled, staring up at the screen.

"What are you gonna plan out your every move before we even get out there?" Kaminari questioned, earning a glare from Yuna. "Come on, just relax for a minute. We just got done with a big battle, so we should rest while we can."

Yuna let out a sigh, "Yeah, I guess."

Kaminari smiled at her and he opened his mouth to say something else before, Yuna's attention fell on where Bakugo and Kirishima were being approached by Shiketsu students. Yuna walked over there, Kaminari following after her as the Shikestu student who seemed to be just hair spoke, "I think you met Shishikura during the test. My classmate with the flesh-molding power."

"Yeah, I took him out," Bakugo replied.

"Yeah, I thought so. I'm guessing he may have acted rudely, or perhaps offended you. He has a tendency to try to push his values onto others. He probably couldn't help it in your case, since you're pretty famous." The hair man said, causing Yuna to narrow her eyes at him. "I apologize for him. I'd like to build a good relationship between our schools. Anyway, that's it."

The Shiketsu students turned and began to walk away, Yuna glanced at Bakugo and Kirishima, Kirishima shrugging at her. She let out a sigh before her attention was caught by Rika once again. This time she had a sadistic smile on her face and was waving at her. Yuna couldn't tell what it meant, but she was pretty sure Rika doubted she'd be unable to use her quirk effectively enough to pass the test. However, something about Rika's doubt in her made her mirror the smile and wave back. Rika looked shocked by her reaction, but quickly hid it by turned around and talking to her classmates.

Yuna felt a rush of confidence and for a moment, her nerves disappeared. She wasn't going to let Rika get in her head like she was trying to. She was going to show her just how different was compared to Rika's last year in middle school. She was going to show her just how strong she had become.