Chapter 37

The next day, Aizawa started class by talking about summer vacation.

"Well, it's almost time for summer vacation. Don't get too excited. You can't just relax for an entire month." Aizawa started. "You'll be training. While you're camping in the woods.

The class exploded in excitement and everyone cheered. Kaminari turned around in his chair to face Yuna, "Hear that, Azumi? You're finally gonna learn how to combine training and fun."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Yuna questioned, glaring at Kaminari, who just shrugged in response.

"However," Aizawa growled, causing everyone to go quiet as he continued. "Those of you who don't pass the final exam before the semester is over will have summer school."

Yuna watched as Kaminari's head flopped onto his desk and he groaned. Aizawa dismissed the class and stepped out of the room. After a second, Kaminari lifted his head and turned around to face Yuna, "Hey, Azumi, all you do in your free time is train and study right?"

Yuna tensed and looked away, "That's not true. I do... other things."

"Yeah, we all know that's what's really not true," Kaminari said with a teasing tone. Yuna huffed and Kaminari laughed before his tone got a little more serious, "But seriously, can you please help me study, and maybe even train too? I really need help."

"Yeah, you definitely need help," Yuna retorted, teasing Kaminari back. "Didn't you come in last during the mid-terms?"

"Oh come on Azumi, don't be like that," Kaminari complained, his head hanging down.

Yuna laughed, but then she frowned, "I don't know. I'm worried about the finals too."

"You are?" Kaminari questioned.

"Yeah," Yuna mumbled with a sigh. "I'm sure I'll be fine with the written exam-"

Kaminari scoffed, "Come on, don't say you're worried about the finals and then say you'll do fine. You came 6th overall during the mid-terms, of course you don't have to worry about it."

"I'm worried about the practical," Yuna growled.

"I still don't think you have to worry about that," Kaminari muttered.

Yuna rolled her eyes, "Whatever, you're the one who was asking for my help. I don't have to give it to you."

"Hey! Wait! No!" Kaminari exclaimed, panicking. "Come on, don't be like that. Please help me."

Yuna sighed, but a small smile appeared on her face. "Ok fine. I don't mind helping you. Plus, my mom's a great cook, so she can make us food too. Just let me know when you wanna come over. Any day should be fine."

Kaminari smiled brightly, "Awesome! You're the best, Azumi!"

"Y-Yeah, no problem," Yuna muttered, her cheeks heating up at Kaminari's comment.

Seconds later, the bell rang and the class quieted down as the next teacher walked in.

* * *

"Hey, Azumi, are you coming?" Kaminari asked. It was the end of the day and Yuna needed to go in the opposite direction as Kaminari, who was walking toward the exit.

"Actually, I need to go talk to Power Loader about my costume. You can go ahead without me." Yuna replied. During the last days of her internship, while her and Amethyst were doing boring stuff, Amethyst had also talked to her about ways to improve her costume. It was mainly coming up with a design for the visor, which had ended up being very easy. Despite Amethyst not being able to use words to describe what she envisioned, she was pretty good at drawing and had sketched up a design for the visor and how her new costume would look entirely. Both of those sketches were now in a folder in her bag in hopes that it'd be easier for Power Loader to know what she wanted.

"Oh, I'll just come with you and wait outside," Kaminari said. Yuna rolled her eyes and started walking. They quickly made it to the Development Studio and Kaminari waited outside while Yuna went in.

"Um, hello?" Yuna greeted as she walked inside. The support course hero was at a work table, poking some random piece of gear with a screwdriver.

"Hey, what do you need?" Power Loader questioned, turning his attention to Yuna.

"I'd like to make adjustments to my costume, if that's ok," Yuna answered. "While I was at my internship, I came up with some stuff to help me out and I'd like to know if I can get it done before the upcoming finals."

"Yeah, sure, what can I do for you?" Power Loader asked, earning a small smile from Yuna.

"Well, I was hoping I could get something to help me draw out constellations and stuff. I have all the constellations I summon memorized right now and the hero I was interning with suggested I should get some sort of head gear that could give me a visual to follow for constellations I don't have memorized." Yuna explained as she reached into her bag and pulled out the folder with the sketches in it. She handed it to Power Load, who glanced over them, "I was hoping it could look something like that. And I'd also like a utility belt or something that had some simple things like a few small cameras or microphones. Stuff like that."

"Alright, tomorrow, bring me the instructions that come in the case that your costume was in. Since this isn't a major change, I can just report what I altered to the design company that made your costume and they'll do the paperwork." Power Loader informed. "It should be done in just a few days. You'll definetly have the upgrades done before the final exam's practical."

"Thank you very much," Yuna said with a small bow.

"No problem. Just remember to bring your costume's instructions to me tomorrow and I can get started right away." Power Loader replied.

Yuna gave him another small smile and bow before walking out of the room.

"That was pretty easy," Yuna mumbled, partically to herself, though she knew Kaminari could hear her.

"What are you planning on adding to your costume?" Kaminari questioned as they walked down the stairs.

"Just some support gear," Yuna said. "Amethyst suggested I have some sort of visor that would let me look up all different constellations so I don't have to memorize all of them."

"Oh, cool," Kaminari replied.

"Yeah, it'll end up being really useful," Yuna muttered. "And something I probably need more than I think."

Kaminari nodded before the two of them made their way out of the school and to the train station. Yuna said goodbye to Kaminari at her stop before she started her walk home.

-Author Note-

This is one of those moments where I really wish I could draw. But I can't, at all, so that's that.

Anyways, just in case Yuna's hero costume is getting kinda confusing and hard to visualize, I'm gonna do a quick description of it with the new upgrades, which don't actually change that much.

So, Yuna's hero costume is pretty much a black and white dress with some purple and blue bits lining the skirt and some other areas. She has black boots and a black cloak that's supposed to be strong enough to avoid being cut by nearly anything. And now she has a visor sort of like Mirio's, but her's doesn't really frame her face the same way his does and it's gonna a purplely blue color. She's also gonna get a utility belt that'll go around her waist and it'll have three pouches, one on her back and the other two on her sides.

I don't really know if that actually made any sense, but maybe it helps. I honestly don't have a super great visual of her hero costume either, which is kinda bad, but whatever. Maybe I'll find a good image on google that I can share with you guys or get one of my friends to draw something for me, I don't really know.

But anyways, that's that and I hope you all have a great day.

-Starlight