Chapter 25

When Yuna opened her eyes, she saw that she was no longer on the battle stage, but in the infirmary. Her body still felt numb, but the pain has mostly gone away.

"Oh, you're awake," Recovery Girl said as Yuna slowly sat up.

"What happened?" Yuna questioned.

"You went past your limit and got hit by an explosion, that's what happened," Recovery Girl retorted. Then she sighed. "You and Midoriya have the same problems. You use your quirk through sacrificing your body."

"When will I be able to leave?" Yuna asked. "And how long have I been out?"

Recovery Girl sighed, "You've been out for just under an hour. I'll give you more treatment and then you should be good to walk."

Yuna eyes widened, "An hour? Has the final battle started yet?"

"Yes, and it ended too," Recovery Girl said.

"Oh," Yuna mumbled, disappointment setting in. She would've liked to see Todoroki and Bakugo's match. They were both really strong and seeing them fight each other would've been exciting.

"You can always watch the replay," Recovery Girl replied before walking up to her. She used her quirk on Yuna before saying. "Alright, you can go now, you're up just in time for the awards ceremony."

"Ok," Yuna muttered. Her body now felt drained from Recovery Girl's quirk, but she got up anyways. She bowed to Recovery Girl before walking out of the infirmary.

As she walked down the hall, Yuna's phone vibrated in the pocket she had put it in after taking it from Recovery Girl's desk. She stopped walking and looked at the number, expecting to see her mom or dad's caller ID. But instead, it was a number Yuna didn't recognize. She stared at it for a minute before deciding to answer. If it was a scam, she would just hang up.

"Good job during the fight."

Yuna's entire body tensed when she heard her aunt's taunting voice. Memories of the USJ event flooded back into Yuna's mind. She was on the phone with a villain.

"It's such a shame that you lost," Miori continued with a tone that would've made Yuna punch her if Miori was talking to her in person. "You know, if you had just come with me, I could've made you strong enough to beat him."

"I don't need you," Yuna growled.

Miori laughed, "Sure. Tell yourself that for now. But I'll make you see. Trust me. I'm not going to give up on you the way your parents will."

"Excuse me?"

"Your parents will give up on you," Miori repeated, sounding slightly more sincere. Though Yuna knew it was an act. "If they haven't yet they will soon. Trust me, Yuna. I know."

"Just because your parents gave up on you doesn't mean mine will give up on me," Yuna argued, her voice rising.

"With your mom being my sister, I know they will," Miori said. "I know it's hard to accept, but I'll be right here for you whenever you realize that they don't want you. And then we'll prove everyone wrong together. We'll show the world that we-"

Yuna hung up and blocked the number, her heart beating almost as fast as it had during her fight against Bakugo. Miori was going to keep trying to convince Yuna to join her. Yuna knew she probably won't stop even if she was put in jail.

"Azumi!" Yuna jumped as she was pulled out of her thoughts by Kaminari, who was jogging up to her. "Woah, are you ok?"

Yuna stared at him. Kaminari knew about her aunt. "No. My aunt just called me?"