Chapter 51

"Well, that could've been bad," Miori said as she glanced down at the wound in her side. Yuna's constellation arrow had hit harder than Miori had expected, but it was nothing she couldn't deal with.

After Miori was hit by the arrow, she spotted Mr. Compress standing in a tree just above them. She knew she was at a disadvantage because it was night and she knew it would be easier to trick Yuna into thinking she won and have Mr. Compress use his quirk on her than actually take her down.

"You're lucky I stopped by," Mr. Compress replied as he held out his hand with a small blue marble in it.

Miori stood up, took the little marble, and stared at it, "Your quirk is so interesting. I can't believe this tiny little marble is really Yuna." She looked up at Mr. Compress as she put the marble in her pocket, "You should probably get going. You still have your own mission. I got what I came here for so I'm going to relax at the meet-up point and wait for the rest of you to finish up."

"Well then I'll be off," Mr. Compress said with a bow. Miori gave him a small wave as Mr. Compress jumped into the sky and disappeared from her view. She lightly shook her head and grabbed her gas mask from where she threw it behind a tree. She stared at it for a minute before realizing the pink fog was nowhere to be seen, even when she looked over the tree line.

That kid must've been taken out. That's not that surprising. Miori thought and she tossed the gas mask back onto the ground. She let out a sigh and took out the marble Yuna was trapped in and stared at it for a minute. If she looked really closely, Miori could make out Yuna's tiny figure inside it.

She sighed again before putting the marble back in her pocket and starting to walk through the forest. She kept a hand pressed against her side as the wound still hurt, but she didn't have anything to use to help her with it. Luckily, it wasn't too painful.

Miori made it through the woods with little trouble and when she made it to their designated meet-up spot, she was the only one there. Miori let out a sigh and took a spot on the ground against a tree. A few minutes passed before she heard a voice in her ear from the small earpiece she and all the other villains had.

"Vanguard Action Squad," Mr. Compress's voice said from the radio. "I've acquired our target. Our little show has officially come to a close. Meet me at the retrieval point in the next five minutes for the final bow."

Miori smiled, "Finally, this waiting will be over. I was starting to get bored." She looked down at the marble in her hand, having taken it out of her pocket again. "I'll make sure no one ever looks down on us again, Yuna. I promise."

A few more minutes went by before Miori heard leaves rustling in the forest. She closed her hand around the marble and narrowed her eyes at the spot the noise was coming from.

"Solis, you're already here?" Dabi questioned as him and Twice walked past the tree line.

"Good job getting here so fast," Twice complimented, then added accusingly, "How'd you get here so fast?"

Miori stood up, "I was able to get what I needed pretty quickly. Things went smoothly for me besides this," Miori gestured to the gash in her side. "But even this isn't that bad."

"Good for you," Twice said in an irritated voice. Then in a more cheerful added, "Good job!"

Miori rolled her eyes at his erratic behavior but was smiling. Then all of their attention was brought to the tree line as Toga appeared, "Miori! You're already here? Did you get Yuna?"

"Yup," Miori said with a smile.

Toga smiled, "I can't wait to meet her!"

"Hey, Crazy, did you get the blood?" Dabi interrupted. "How many different kinds?"