Chapter 2

Yuna came home to an empty house, which was nothing new. Both her parents were still at work and wouldn't get home until later that night. Yuna grabbed a water bottle and a few snacks from the kitchen before going down into the basement. The basement was pretty much just owned by Yuna. She had her bedroom down there and the rest of it was where she usually trained. Other than the exercise equipment was in the back corner against the wall that separated her room from the rest of the basement, it was empty, which made it a great place for Yuna to practice her quirk.

Yuna walked into her room, leaving the door open. She threw her backpack onto the floor next to her bed before changing out of her school uniform and into leggings and a t-shirt. Then she pulled out the homework she had from her backpack and started to work on that.

After just over an hour, Yuna had finished all her homework and started practicing her quirk.

Yuna's quirk is called Constellation Summon. By drawing out a constellation in the air, she would summon something based on what constellation she drew. Like, when she drew the Cancer constellation she would summon a giant crab, or when she drew the big dipper, she would summon a grizzly bear.

When she uses her quirk, she's not creating things, she's summoning them. Once when she was sparring with her dad, she summoned an eagle, which her dad struck down using his quirk. The bird disappeared and Yuna had tried to summon it again, but when she did, the eagle's wing still had the injury her dad gave it before it disappeared again. Yuna found that she had to wait for her summoned constellations to heal and repair before she could use them again, which gave Yuna something else she had to think about when using her quirk.

Her quirk also was the reason Yuna could name pretty much all the stars and constellations in the night sky. Ever since she got her quirk, she's done as much research on stars and constellations as she could. The more constellations she knew, the more she could summon. She usually cycled through a certain few when training, but there were times when she would just test herself to see how many different constellations she could summon back to back before running out or passing out. She rarely made it over five constellations.

Yuna closed her eyes and took a deep breath, focusing on her quirk. She decided which constellation she wanted to draw and opened her eyes. She clicked on a stopwatch she had in her hand and started to draw out the Leo constellation in the air in front of her. Small, glowing lights appeared where stars would be in the actual constellation. When all the glowing, star-like lights had appeared in the air in the shape of the Leo constellation, they glowed brighter for a second before merging to form a lion that looked as if it was made of stars. Yuna stopped the stopwatch as the slightly transparent lion let out a silent roar. Yuna held up the stopwatch and, while keeping half her attention on the starry lion, she read the time.

Just under 4 seconds. That's better than last time. Yuna thought, putting her full attention back on the lion that stood still in front of her. I'm doing fine when it comes to how quickly I can summon the constellations. What I need to work on is attack strength, but I can't do that until Dad gets home. Yuna sighed and focused on just keeping the lion from disappearing while trying to keep herself from becoming too stiff.

An hour had passed and during that time, the lion had switched to a dog, then to a raven, and now a ram was standing in front of Yuna. Yuna was pretty worn out by now. She hadn't stopped to take a break and wasn't planning on it, even though she felt as though her legs were about to give out any second.

"Hey, Yuna, are you down here?" Yuna's attention was torn from her training and the second the ram disappeared, Yuna's legs gave out and she fell to the ground. Yuna looked toward the stairs to see her dad with a slightly disappointed look on his face. "How many times have me and your mom told you not to overdo it?"

Yuna huffed and crawled over to where she had set her water bottle and snacks down. She leaned against the wall and took big gulps of water, draining over half of the bottle. "The UA entrance exam is getting closer. I don't have time to rest."

"Yuna, the entrance exam isn't for another ten months. You have more than enough time to train." Yuna's dad, Katashi, reasoned, crouching down in front of his tired daughter. "And even if the exam was tomorrow, I'm sure you'd pass. You've very smart and incredibly talented."

"Yeah, well, until I can actually move around while using my quirk to attack, I'll end up dying during the exam," Yuna said bitterly, taking a few sips of water and taking a bite of a granola bar. "I can't train at school and that's taking up most of my day. So I have to make up for that by working hard when I get home."

Katashi sighed and stood up. He was about to say something, but he must've thought of something else because it took him another minute before he eventually said, "What if there was a way to train at school?" Yuna looked up at him curiously while she finished off her water bottle. "You could summon that little dog that you summon when you're doing your homework and stuff before class starts and keep it in your bag. That way you can work on having to focus on your quirk and other stuff at the same time. Plus, it won't make any noise unless it moves around too much."

"I guess that could work..." Yuna thought over the idea, trying to figure out exactly how she could do something like that. "It'll be hard for me to focus on what the teacher is saying though. I'll probably end up missing some stuff sometimes."

"Your ahead when it comes to that kind of stuff anyway, so I'm not worried about your grades. Besides, you could just ask me and your mom for help if you start falling behind." Katashi replied, standing up. " If you do end up doing it, don't push yourself too much, ok."

"Yeah, ok," Yuna said with a slight sigh.

"Anyways, your mom is getting home a bit later than usual today, so do you want leftovers or me to make something?" Katashi asked, offering a hand to Yuna, who took it and stood up.

"No, we can just have leftovers. Unless you want to cook." Yuna replied, picking up the trash from her little snack.

"Yeah, we'll just have leftovers." Katashi agreed. "Don't do any more training until after dinner, got it?"

"Yeah, whatever," Yuna said as her dad walked up the stairs and out of sight. Yuna sighed and walked into her bedroom. She laid in bed and drew the little dog constellation in the air. She may have told her dad she wasn't going to train, but there was no way she was going to waste the entire afternoon doing nothing. A small dog appeared on the bed next to Yuna. It had the same starry look as the lion and the other things she'd summoned earlier. Yuna sat up and the puppy jumped into her lap. Yuna grabbed her phone off her nightstand. Smaller constellations were a lot easier to summon and keep from disappearing, so she was able to play a random game on her phone while keeping half her mind on the puppy.

After about an hour, Yuna had to deactivate her quirk before she had gone to get food. She spent the rest of the day training with her dad until her mom came home and her dad forced Yuna to be done training for the rest of the day. And not long after that, Yuna had gone to bed and eventually fell asleep.