Chapter 59

Yuna stared up at the building in front of her. They were finally there, the provisional license exam. Yuna felt nerves set in as students from schools she didn't recognize passed by them, quite a few students staring at them, only making Yuna more nervous.

"If you can pass this test and get your provisional licenses, then you novice eggs will hatch into chicks. You'll be semi-pros." Aizawa explained from his place in front of the class. "I expect your best."

"All right. I can't wait to be a heroic chicken." Kaminari said with a smile that made Yuna roll her eyes while also smiling.

"Let's call out the usual you guys!" Kirishima started before his cheering of 'Plus Ultra' was joined by a very loud cheer from a boy Yuna had never seen before.

"You know it's pretty rude to barge into other people's huddles, Inasa," another unfamiliar boy with the same uniform scolded.

"What? My bad." The loud boy, Inasa, abruptly moved his hands to his side as he shouted, "I am so very..." Yuna was startled when he bowed so low his head hit the ground, "...extremely sorry!"

"Hey, look at their uniforms," Jiro said, causing Yuna to pick up on what her classmates also were.

"It's from the famous school on the other side of Japan," Kirishima muttered.

"UA in the east, Shiketsu in the west," Bakugo added.

Yuna narrowed her eyes at the Shiketsu students. She heard that Shiketsu's hero program rivaled the one at UA and it had been high on her list of other schools to go to if UA didn't work out. She had seriously considered not even applying to UA and only applying to Shiketsu for a while during the many instances where the bullying had become too much for her. She thought it would've been a way for her to get away from anyone who could've possibly known her. In the end, she was happy they hadn't been able to move because of her mom's restaurant, but it had started a few serious arguments.

"I wanted to say it just once! Plus Ultra!" Inasa exclaimed, rising from his bow. "I really love UA high school! I'm extremely honored to compete against such incredible students! I'm so looking forward to it!"

Blood came from Inasa's forehead before the group of Shiketsu students turned and walked away. Aizawa then explained that Inasa had applied to UA and got the top scores of those admitted through recommendations, but for some reason, he turned down his acceptance.

"Eraser? I'd know that scowl anywhere." A woman with teal hair said as her approached a now tense Aizawa. "I saw you on tv and at the sports festival, but it's been a while since we were this close in person. Let's get married."

Mina made a sound of excitement as the idea of romance before Midoriya started rambling about how she was the pro-hero Ms. Joke. The two pro heroes talked for a minute before Ms. Joke introduced her class of second years from Ketsubutsu Academy.

The boy with unruly black hair came up to the class and grabbed Midoriya's hands as he introduced himself, "Hey, I'm Shindou. Looks like UA's had a lot of trouble this year, it must've been tough for you." He moved to Kaminari and then to Jiro as he said, "But even so, you're all still aiming to become pro heroes despite those hardships. It's wonderful! Hearts full of fortitude! I believe that's what all heroes should have."

"And you're Yuna Azumi, right?" Shindo questioned, grabbing Yuna's hands and slightly surprising her. She noticed Kaminari looking like he wanted to stab Shindo.

"Uh, yeah," Yuna answered with a confused look.

Shindo smiled a smile that made Yuna uneasy for some reason, "I've heard all about you from Rika."