Chapter 52

When Yuna regained consciousness, she wasn't quite sure where she was. She was laying down on some sort of cot and when she sat up she needed a minute to think and process everything that had happened before she made the connection that she was in the League of Villains' hideout and the people in front of her were villains.

"Yuna, you're awake," Miori said with a bright smile. She was sitting in a chair side the cot Yuna had been laying in and for a second, Yuna didn't see her as a villain, but as the person she remembered from four years ago. But the illusion was quickly ruined when she remembered where she was and who else was around. Not to mention, seeing Bakugo tied up in a chair behind her didn't help Miori's case.

Yuna opened her mouth to reply, but then closed it and glanced around the room. Bakugo was her only ally in the room and he couldn't do anything as he was. Meaning if she tried to fight now, it would be seven-on-one and she'd had little chance of winning that.

"Now that you're both awake, we can get to the point," Shigariki started, earning Yuna's attention. She never felt more out of place and uncomfortable than she did there, as she sat with enemies surrounding her. Everything inside her was telling her to get up and run away, but she knew that would end poorly. "Katsuki Bakugo, Yuna Azumi, aspiring heroes, will you two join the League of Villains?"

"Go to hell," Bakugo growled.

Miori let out a sigh, "I don't know why you even bothered with this kid. He's not worth our time."

"You only care about that girl because she's family," Dabi said.

"You think this kid is a waste of time too," Miori replied, crossing her arms and nodding to Bakugo. "Yuna is going to join us, or at least me. Isn't that right, Yuna?"

Yuna tensed as everyone turned her attention to her. She stared into her lap, knowing Miori was waiting for her to agree and Bakugo was waiting for her to stand up and fight. But Yuna wasn't going to do either. Not yet, at least. She would never join Miori, ever. Becoming a villain wasn't even on her list of things to do. But she knew that she'd be crushed instantly if she stood up and tried to fight now. She needed to find an opportunity for her and Bakugo to fight together. Then she would actually have a chance against the villains. And even as Bakugo was watching her with narrow eyes, probably waiting for her to get up and fight, she knew he was also smart enough to know that her fighting now would do no good.

"You've already tried to get her to your side before and that hasn't worked," Dabi said after there was a minute of silence. "If anything, we have less chance with her than Bakugo."

"Shut your mouth," Miori retorted, glaring at Dabi. "You don't know anything about me or Yuna, so how do you have the right to say anything?"

"Quiet you two," Shigaraki growled. Then he grabbed the tv remote and turned on the news, where Yuna was surprised to see Aizawa dressed the most formally she'd ever see him, alongside Nezu and Vlad King.

"Let's return to a short clip from UA High School's press conference that just finished," A new reporter's voice said over the still image before it came to life and Aizawa started speaking.

"We are here to apologize. A recent incident allowed harm to come to 27 first-year heroes. We staff were ill-prepared. We take full responsibility for any trauma caused by our negligence. It's our duty to train heroes," Aizawa said as him, Nezu, and Vlad bowed, "but also to protect heroes in training."

"I'll take the first questioned," an unseen reporter spoke. "Since the beginning of the year, Ua students have had four encounters with villains. This time there were students who were gravely injured. How did you explain this to their families? And what are some of the specific steps you're taking to ensure their safety in the future?"