Chapter 31

After Yuna and Amethyst finished the patrol, they headed back to the agency and Amethyst let Yuna fully settle into her room. Yuna had changed out of her hero costume and managed to fall asleep almost the second she laid down in bed. The next morning, Yuna was awakened by an alarm and Amethyst had appeared at her door, telling her to change into her hero costume before they headed down into the hero agency's basement. When she stepped out of the room, she saw it was like a large version of her basement, it seemed ten times bigger. There were multiple training rooms and one big one. Each of the rooms was different, one was even filled with water - according to Amethyst, a few of her sidekicks asked for a room that let them train underwater. The main training room was just a big open room.

A few of Amethyst's sidekicks were down there, training with each other. They greeted the two of them as Yuna followed Amethyst into a small training room that no one was in.

"So," Amethyst started. "I've seen a good bit of what you're capable of, so I have my own opinions on what you should work on. But before we start, I wanna know your opinion on what you're good at and what you need to work on."

"Oh," Yuna said, with a  bit of surprise. She took a minute to think before saying, "Well, uh, during the sports festival, a few times, I summoned a constellation and it kinda just acted on its own. Also, I'd like to work on summoning multiple things at once and switching between constellations faster."

"Alright. And what do you mean when you say it acted on its own?" Amethyst questioned.

Yuna opened her mouth and then closed it, not sure how to explain it. "It's kind of hard to explain, but when I summon constellations, I'm entirely controlling them. It's why one of my biggest problems has always been making sure I don't stiffen up too much when using my quirk since I always had to focus a ton on the constellation I summoned. If that makes sense."

"Yeah, I think I get it," Amethyst said. "Go on."

"So, at the sports festival, when I summoned that raven during the cavalry battle, it just kinda did want I wanted it too. I had even forgotten I summoned it until it came back with headbands. And when I was fighting Bakugo, it was like the bear was taking hits for me. Usually, it's like I take the hits instead of my constellations. But it wasn't like that during my fight with Bakugo a few times. It hurt a lot less." Yuna explained. She sighed before continuing, "It was just like the constellation didn't really need to be controlled by me anymore. I don't know. It's hard to explain and it's really just a sort of feeling... thing."

Amethyst hummed, "Yeah, ok, I think I get it. So, before, you were thinking of your constellations as more so puppets that you needed to control every move of. And now, you're realizing that they're not puppets, but almost like living creatures that you just call from another world and sort of give orders to."

"That's a good way to look at that," Yuna muttered.

"Great, so that kinda clears up what I was going to tell you about. I noticed you were a bit stiff when you fight, so we'll work on that today and then I'll teach you some more about some other things besides fighting bad guys that heroes have to do." Amethyst said. "Pretty much, this morning will be fun and the afternoon will suck."

"Ok."

"Ok, great. And, uh, which constellations are easiest for you to summon?" Amethyst asked.

"Um, none of them are really that much different in terms of how difficult they are to summon," Yuna said, thinking about it. She had noticed it a few times. She would be able to summon a dragon pretty much just as easily as a bird. "I mean, constellations with more stars and ones that are bigger take a bit more energy to summon than smaller, less complicated constellations. But it's really not a big difference. Oh, and the time of year also has an impact on stuff. If it's night in the summer, it'll be easier for me to summon the cancer constellation than it would be if it's day and in the winter."