Chapter 21

Yuna almost felt a little bit of disappointment as she walked back to the stands. She had been expecting that fight to be a lot harder. She didn't want to discredit Yaoyorozu because she knew that she was strong, but she had just been expecting more.

"Nice job, Azumi," Kaminari congratulated when Yuna came back to the stands and sat down in her seat next to him.

Yuna hummed and looked down at where Kirishima and Tetsutetsu were fighting, "What's going on?"

"Oh, they're really evenly matched. It's just a whole bunch of back and forth." Kaminari said.

"They do pretty much have the same quirk," Yuna stated, watching as Kirishima and Tetsutetsu traded punches. Neither of them seemed to have the upper hand over the other. For the next few minutes, the two of them kept going back and forth until, eventually, both of them knocked each other out.

"Oh wow," Yuna muttered.

"Is it over?" Present Mic shouted. "The hardheads have been OKed, but who is the winner?"

Midnight walked forward and looked at the two knocked-out boys, "It's a draw! When the contestants recover from this match the winner will be determined by a simple contest, perhaps arm wrestling."

"While we wait for Tetsutetsu and Kirishima to recover we'll move on to the next match!" The screen changed to show Bakugo and Uraraka. The crowd cheered as Uraraka and Bakugo walked out onto the stage. "The eighth and final battle of the first round of matches. He was kind of a hotshot in middle school and just look at that determined face! From the hero course, Katsuki Bakugo! Verses, who I'm personally rooting for. Also from Class 1-A, it's Occako Uraraka!"

"I don't like this match-up," Kaminari mumbled to Yuna.

"I don't think anyone does," Yuna replied.

"Let the eighth match... Begin!"

Uraraka imminently ran toward Bakugo and he sent her backward with an explosion. Yuna winced. She had known Bakugo for a long time and had dealt with his bullying, but he had never actually attacked her. She couldn't imagine how getting the full blast of one of his explosions felt. Yuna could barely see it, but Uraraka tried to use her jacket as a decoy and get him to float. But Bakugo was able to keep her away with another explosion.

"Look at that reaction time," Sero said from beside Kaminari.

"Seriously, the dude's insane," Kaminari agreed. "You can't get the drop on him. And since Uraraka can't use her quirk unless she touches him, his lightning-fast reflexes put her at a huge disadvantage."

Yuna hummed, "Bakugo may be extremely arrogant, but it's not coming from nowhere."

Kaminari nodded as Uraraka charged at Bakugo again and again, him blocking her with explosions each time. Her classmates were talking bad about Bakugo as the match went on and Yuna could just sort of tell the crowd felt the same way too. She did admit, watching this match was hard, but Bakugo wasn't in the wrong for fighting Uraraka. It seemed like everyone expected him to go easy on her and that's not Bakugo's style, no matter who he's fighting.

"Bakugo's totally brutal," Kaminari breathed, as Bakugo set off another explosion.

"He's just fighting his opponent," Yuna said, causing Kaminari to look at her. "Maybe the Bakugo from middle school would be doing this just because, but he's changed a lot since then. I don't know how, but he has. Now he's doing this because Uraraka's coming at him with everything she's got and he's not just going to go easy on her because that's what people want."

"But still..." Kaminari muttered, looking back down at the fight.

"But nothing," Yuna retorted. "I'd do the same thing if I was in his place. And I will during my next fight."

Kaminari didn't respond as some of the people in the crowd started yelling and booing at Bakugo. Yuna scoffed at their comments. She hated Bakugo too, but she wasn't an idiot. And she was surprised at how little people were noticing what Uraraka was really doing. Especially the pros.

"Where is the man that started this uproar? Are you a pro?" Aizawa's voice suddenly said from over the speakers, causing the crowd to quiet. "Because if you're being serious then you can go home and hang up your cape. I'd suggest looking into another career. Bakugo's fierceness is an acknowledgment of his opponent's strength. He knows she deserves to have made it this far. So he's making sure he does whatever it takes to keep her at bay and come out on top."

Just then, Urarka sent down a shower of rocks. Yuna watched as the meteor shower she watched rise into the air minutes ago rained down onto the fight. Uraraka started running toward Bakugo, but Uraraka's plan failed when Bakugo blasted all of the rocks and Uraraka away in a huge explosion.

When Uraraka tried to get up and attack him again, she was too weak to stand and fell over. Midnight deemed her OKed and Bakugo won the match.

"And that's it for the first round. I was really rooting for her. Oh and I guess Bakugo's moving on." Present Mic said with no enthusiasm.

"You're supposed to be unbiased," Aizawa said.

"Let's try to forget that depressing outcome," Present Mic continued, with his usual enthusiastic tone. "With that, the first round is complete. We're taking a quick break before we get back to the action!"

Yuna leaned back in her chair and let out a long sigh. She had predicted that Bakugo would win, but she had still hoped Uraraka would somehow beat him. Her plan had been pretty good, but she had miscalculated just how strong Bakugo was.

"Hey Bakugo," Sero said, causing Yuna to look up and see Bakugo walking down to a seat. "Playing the villain, huh? Must've been tough."

"Even if it was just because of who you were up against you did make a pretty convincing villain," Tsuyu added.

"Shut up you idiots, or else!" Bakugo yelled.

"For real, dude. I don't know how you were able to aim a powerful blast at a frail girl like that." Kaminari said. "I couldn't help but hold back against Shiozaki."

Yuna laughed, "Holdback? She completely destroyed you."

"Can't you just let me have this?" Kaminari questioned, looking upset.

"Nope."

Bakugo sat down in the seat next to Yuna, who tensed slightly as he sat down but relaxed after just a second. "I definitely wouldn't call that girl frail."

Kirishima and Tetsutetsu had their arm-wrestling match for the tiebreaker. Yuna had honestly expected it to go on forever, but then Kirishima actually managed to beat Tetsutetsu.

"Now we've got a full match-up for the next round of the tourmate. Let's get this party started!"