Chapter 20

"Come on, Azumi!" Kaminari urged, holding his hand out for Yuna to grab. She was sitting on the sidelines as the other students participated in the recreational games. She needed to rest after the cavalry battle and figure out a plan.

"No," Yuna replied, knocking away Kaminari's hand. "If I don't figure out a plan for the tournament, I'll be eliminated in the first round. Yaoyorozu is much better at using her quirk than I am and I'm already exhausted from the calvary battle. If I don't rest and figure out a plan, it'll be over. I have no time for stupid games."

Kaminari scoffed, "That's ridiculous. You're just gonna get you all worked up for nothing."

"Maybe you can just treat this like another fun little event, but I actually care about how well I do," Yuna said harshly.

"Who said I didn't care about how I do?" Kaminari questioned. Yuna sent him a glare and he sighed. "Come on, you need to loosen up. Just for a little bit."

Yuna glared at him but he didn't move. After a minute she let out a sigh and grabbed his hand. Kaminari smiled brightly as he helped pull Yuna to her feet.

Yuna let Kaminari drag her around the recreation games. It ended up being a lot of fun. Yuna helped Kaminari find a kite for the scavenger hunt, which they surprisingly found, and joined him in the giant ball rolling race before she told him she needed a break to figure out a plan for the fight. Kaminari had reluctantly agreed to let her go, but not without following her and trying to help her come up with a plan. He had been almost no help, but Yuna found herself enjoying his company.

Once the side games were over, Yuna and the rest of her class made their way to their designated box in the stands while Cementos made the battle stage. Yuna sat at the edge of the batch of seats, Kaminari taking the seat next to her. Yuna leaned back in her seat and closed her eyes for a few minutes before Present Mic started talking.

"Hey sports fans! Are you ready?" Present Mic yelled, hyping up the crowd. "After all the excitement you've already witnessed it's time for the real battles to begin! Can ya feel the excitement? Now! Sometimes heroes don't have anyone else but themselves to rely on! Heart. Skill. Strength. Wisdom. Courage. They'll have to use all of these things if they want to rise to the top!"

Flames erupted from each corner of the stage and Present Mic continued, "Alright audience, let's cut to the good stuff and not delay these finals any longer! Welcome out first fighters!"

The screen changed to show a picture of Midoriya and the boy that had challenged her class to war, Shinso, as both of them walked out onto the stage. "Woah, he looks kinda scared in that picture, doesn't he? It's Izuku Midoriya from the hero course. Verses! Hitoshi Shinso from general studies, who really hasn't done anything to stand out yet!"

"Who do you think is gonna win?" Kaminari asked as the two boys walked onto the stage.

Yuna hummed, "I know nothing about this Shinso guy and I've known Midoriya for a long time. So right now, I think Midoriya will win, but that all depends on what Shinso's quirk turns out to be."

"The rules are simple! Immobilize your opponent or force them out of the ring! You can also win by getting the other person to cry uncle! Bring on the injuries because we've got our very own Recovery Girl waiting on standby. So put your morals aside and don't be afraid to play dirty. But of course, no life-threatening crap folks, that's not allowed. Real heroes use their powers for putting villains in jail, not kill them.

"Ready?" Present Mic paused for a second then shouted, "Begin!"

Midoriya ran toward Shinso while yelling something at him. But then, he suddenly stopped.