Chapter 35

"Breath of the Moon, Fifth Form: Cursed Vortex of the Ghostly Moon." Kokushibo makes multiple curved slashes layered over one another, creating a rising vortex of sword slashes and crescent moon blades.

Sanemi backed up trying to not get caught "HAHAAH! YOU KEEP REPEATING THOSE SLASHES WITHOUT EVEN SWINGING YOUR BLADE!"

Kokushibo appeared in front of Sanemi and made a blow.

"Breath of Wind, Third Form: Tree Swaying In the Mountain Air." Sanemi unleashes a whirlwind of slashes around their body that can defend them from incoming attacks and slice up their surroundings, Kokushibo made a horizontal slash releasing crescent moons.

"Not bad... I see that your physical body and techniques... are at their peaks..." He says 'I can't fucking stop getting goosebumps when seeing this guy's skill! Every one of his slashes is surrounded by these little chaotic blades, and they're always changing in length and size. There's no set form. I'm not surprised Tokito lost. I wanted to ward off this attack completely, but it's so strange warped... if it wasn't for Yoriichi-san and the experience I have, I wouldn't have been able to defend myself! And that speed! It's similar to Yoriichi's  but he was holding back, back then. Plus, THIS FUCKING GUY IS USING BREATHS! A demon with unnaturally high regenerative and physical prowess like Tanjiro is using fucking breaths, and his power and speed are still climbing up!'

"FUN...!! THIS IS SO MUCH FUN! THIS IS A DEMON WORTH KILLING!" He laughs as he does a form "Breath of Wind, Second Form: Purifying Wind Claws." Sanemi lifts his sword upwards towards the right, above their head and unleashes four vertical slashes at once down on the enemy resembling claws.

Kokushibo's sword was almost sliced in 4 pieces, he made a horizontal slash cancelling out Sanemi's wind, as he does Sanemi was going to attack from above, Kokushibo quickly blocks his attack.

After Kokushibo blocked his attacked, he felt something quickly under his chin, he quickly lifted his head back.

Surprisingly, as Kokushibo was blocking Sanemi's blow, Sanemi had the perfect balance as Genya's sword was stable, the pommel (end of the handle) was steady in Sanemi's sole as his toe was supporting the guard.

The two traded blows for a few minutes.

'Huh... He's still... keeping up... with my technique... what a nostalgic... feeling.. so uplifting...' Kokushibo thought to himself.

Sanemi's nose bled as his veins were up to his cheeks.

"SHINAZUGAWA-SAN!" Yelled Muichiro 'Aniki..! Aniki!!' 

'I CAN'T FUCKING BLINK! I WAS THIS CLOSE TO DYING JUST BECAUSE I BARELY MESSED UP THE TIP OF THE SWING!!' 

"Long ago... it was... the Sengoku era... and this... was the way I... right....... how the wind pillar and I.... both improved... our swordsmanship skills....." He says as he quickens his speed "Breath of the Mon, Sixth Form: Solitary Moon In the Eternal Night: Avici." Kokushibo releases a wild barrage of crescent-shaped slashes several meters in front of him. This technique was powerful enough to overwhelm Sanemi and so long-ranged that it slices up the surrounding pillars.

'WHAT HAPPENED!? WHAT'S HAPPENING!?  WHERE IS HE? SHIT!! I CAN'T SEE! THE PILLARS AND THE LATICEWORK ARE IN THE...-----------ANIKI!'

Sanemi pants as he was drenched in blood "Hm... You held out for quite some time... up to this point.... but if you move... your organs will spill out..." Kokushibo says, he caught a sweet scent around Sanemi 'My pulse is increasing... what...?' He questions, Sanemi laughs at him as his mouth was dripping with blood "Rare blood for demons is like silvervine(catnip) powder for cats." Sanemi launched forward and swung his blade in a 'G' motion, Kokushibo then lost his footing(stammered).

"WHOA, BUDDY, WHAT'S THE PROBLEM? YOU'RE STAGGERING THERE. LOOKS LIKE MY GODDAMN BLOOD EVEN WORK ON UPPERMOONS!! DEMONS GET DRUNK ONCE THEY GET A WHIFF OF MY BLOOD! AND THIS BLOOD IS THE RAREST OF THE RARE! ONE-OF-A-KIND SHIT! NOW HAVE A FUCKING FEAST YOU SIX-EYED BITCH!" The white-haired male snickered.

"Breath of Wind, Sixth Form: Black Smoke Storm." Sanemi rotates his body in an uppercut movement, creating an arcing slash.

'This boy can still move despite his wounds? If this was any other pillars I had fought before, the battle would be over now. But, this one stopped the bleeding on his own. Did he solidify his own blood? With his breaths? Is he stopping his own organs from spilling out from squeezing his muscles?' He thought as questions comes after another "In any case, this is no feat any ordinary human can do... I've never seen this... amusing..." He says as he was fascinated by him.

They exchanged three blows from each other "How long have I been feeling intoxicated... pleasant... and with a rare blood too..." Sanemi attacked a forward slash which Kokushibo dodged, he took the advantage to step on the top of his sword and weighs it down making a crack on the floor, Sanemi's head was going to be cut off by Kokushibo.

--

'It drives me insane. People are suffering out there, yet some guys can just smile.' He thought as he thinks of Kagaya 'They don't dirty their handy, doesn't put their lives at risks, and give commands with a cool face from the top platform.'

"You sure are high and mighty, right, bitch? Or should I say, Oyakata-sama?" He says with a medium smile "Shinazugawa... It seems you don't know how to address people..." Himejima says who got angry at him "It's fine Gyomei... Let him talk. I don't really mind." He says with his kind smile "But... Oyakata-sama..." Says the Flower Pillar, Kocho Kanae "Don't worry, Kanae." He responds "You are way too obvious. This is all a retarded clown farce. You only see your fucking fighters as disposable pawns, don't you?" Sanemi says as he gives a carefree smile "You don't even understand a single thing about swordsmanship. I can tell at a glance, and this guy's the leader of the demon hunters? Absolutely disgusting! COME THE FUCK ON, PEOPLE!!" "I am sorry." He announced to him with a caressing soft smile, Sanemi then have gone quiet "I have tried swinging a sword before, but I couldn't even do it ten times before my pulse went out of control. If it was possible, I wanted to be like you all. A strong swordsman who could protect people's lives with my own body. But it was just impossible for me, so forgive me for making you go through all that pain." He calmly says.

'I was just lost for words... I regretted what I said to him that day... Oyakata-sama's gaze reminded me of my mom's. I felt like he placed his hand on my cheek softly, with an overflowing love that a parent has for their child.'

"If you were all disposable pawns, then I would be one as well. I am nothing but a pawn who moves the demon hunters, so even if I die, nothing will change. Because I already have my successor. This is your first pillar meeting, Sanemi. So I think you just had a misunderstanding, but I'm not high and mighty at all. Everyone only treats me that way out of good intentions, but if you don't like me, then you don't have to do the same. Rather than fuss over that, I'd like you to protect people's lives as a pillar, Sanemi. That's my only wish. After all, it was my fault for calling you here right after Masachika died. It must be tough for you since the two of you were as close as brothers." "That name..." Sanemi muttered "Shinazugawa-kun, ever since Oyakata-sama took charge, he has remembered the names and upbringings of every single demon hunter who has passed on." Kanae said. Sanemi was silent.

'Impossible... I can't even remember the names of all the members who died fighting alongside with me...'

"Sanemi," He called, Sanemi looked at him "All the children of the Demon Slayer Corps write their own wills, and as for what's inside those wills, it's rather peculiar. They're all pretty much the same, and Masachika's was no different." He says, the left sibling gave him a letter, Kagaya walked down and handed it to him "Masachika had a dead brother that he saw in you, Sanemi. He dreamed about a bright, shining future, and that dream is my dream too. He wanted to let his loved one live with a smile until his life has come to an end, and for nothing unnatural to threaten that person's life. Even if, at that moment, he himself couldn't live and be next to that person. He wanted them to live. He wanted them to survive." He says gently, Sanemi cried as he read his letter.

--

-I literally have exams tomorrow😀 but i don't review-