Chapter 38

Previously...

After they defeated the demon king, they first tend to those who are injured after celebrating.

"I- I can't believe this is all done..." Zenitsu says as he was panting while getting treated by the kakushi who has arrived.

After they all have been treated, something was truly unexpecting.

***

"Tanjiro-sama..." Akaza says as he bows down along with 5  alive Uppermoons.

"T-THE UPPERMOONS?! T-THEY'RE ALIVE?" Sanemi shouts as he was confused and shocked "N-nii-chan...?" Nezuko falters as she speaks "Kentaro... what is this?" Inosuke asked, "Kaigaku-ni... he's alive..."

"H-how? I thought we killed them... a-and they're standing in the sun?" Kyojurou stepped back "Kamado-kun... is there something your not telling us...?" Shinobu placed her hand in her chest as she clenches it tightly.

"Ah... I'm sorry... I should've told you..." He says with a carefree smile "Tanjiro..." Giyuu mutters as he was about to cry, but held it in.

"Zenitsu... remember when you 'defeated' Uppermoon 6, the paring Gyutaro and Daki?" 

Zenitsu nods as he remembers, "While we were walking down the path you heard me mutter didn't you? Since you only have the best hearing out of all of us.. what did I say?" He asks with politeness.

"I'm pretty sure you said 'release'..." Zenitsu was unsure of his answer, this struck the pillars' attention remembering Tanjiro's Blood Demon Art: Mirage.

"Yes Zenitsu... you are right.. the pillars should answer your questions..." He says as he glanced at the Uppermoons bowing.

"S-so?" Zenitsu stutters, "It was Tanjiro's blood demon art called mirage, if the user says 'release', the illusion will be lifted..." It was Rengoku who spoke "B-but how did you make it so realistic?! T-The fight with the demons!" Zenitsu was in utter confusion, they received injuries from illusions, that wouldn't be possible because it isn't reality.

"Well, I sadly have to spill the tea... another root of my art is, Blood Demon Art: Mirage: Chūjitsu[fidelity]... it creates an illusion that seems more like reality, that's all the branch it has. It seems like it's real an all, but it's not," He smiles softly like nothing has ever happened "Every fight with the uppermoons are all nothing but your imaginations... except for the fight with Muzan," He says as he pats Kokushibo's head.

'Tanjiro-sama patted my... head... this is... an honor...' Kokushibo smiles softly 'WOOOAAAAHHH! KOKUSHIBO-DONO WHO GOT U SMILIN' LIK THAT?' Doma thought as he was refraining from laughing, Akaza nudged Doma's shoulder which made him snort.

"T-Tanjiro-kun... why did they call you with an honorific suffix...?" Mitsuri asked "I forgot to tell... I am the real deal, your current demon king." He says, they all stood there in shock "KAMADO! WHAT WAS YOUR GOAL ALL THIS TIME?" Sanemi yelled, he doesn't want to believe Tanjiro's words that came out of his mouth "My goal.... is to kill Muzan, and as being the heir of the demon's throne."

(um- this just became like a demon king fanfic- or smthin- Tanjiro was out of character for a bit-)

"Then I would like to tell you this... Nezuko listen closely..." 

They were confused and curious of what will the boy was going to say.

"Me and Nezuko's father was the previous demon king, he was the kind of demon who just wanna feel love, and perhaps make a family with that woman, the woman did not care whether his lover was a demon and such. A few years later, they had a child named Tanjiro, he was born human, as the child was a few years old, his father told him of what will happen in the future, this was the prophecy and I was just following it. After the first child was born, he had siblings, out came Nezuko, as the oldest brother, I have to fill my role."

The audience were speechless, they were not sure how to feel about it until one person spoke "Was your feelings with us were all just an act....?" Giyuu says with a sad tone, this struck the boy making his smile fade.

"You're actually all lucky... those were my true feelings.. and I did have fun with you all, it was such a bliss being with you guys..." He chuckles, they had a sigh of relief "Did you all actually thought that it was all fake?" Judging by the looks on their faces, they did, "If you were to fake smile, you would actually pull it off..." Muichiro talked.

"Is that so..." He smiles, "Nii-chan..." She mutters "Onii-chan!" Nezuko yelled catching his attention, he hummed in response "P-Please make me a demon, so that I could be with you!" They weren't expecting such a sentence, in fact Tanjiro was also shocked in every word that Nezuko made, "I- If you're going to leave, then at least make me your right-hand! You're my only family left! And I don't want to be left alone..." She cried as she talks, Tanjiro walks to her and caressed her cheek, wiping her sorrowful tears.

"Don't forget about the people who's beside you Nezuko, even if I'm not here, they'll be always by your side, and they'll take care of you... they're also like a family, friends is already considered as family, so... you don't have to worry about anything... whether I'm king or not... I'll be always be thinking of you, Nezuko, now don't cry..." Tanjiro wipes her tears, Nezuko pulled Tanjiro in a tight hug and Tanjiro hugs her back.

"Awh~! Sibling love~" Mitsuri was emotionally crying while hugging Shinobu.

Nezuko and Tanjiro parted they're hug as he looks at Kanao who was beside her, "Kanao, please take care of Nezuko," Tanjiro placed they're hands together making them blush "Onii-chan!" Nezuko pulled her hand as she blushes the same with Kanao, Tanjiro chuckles at the two. 

"Then, Nezuko... I hope we'll see each other again.. same with all of you..." Tanjiro says as he smiled, he walked to the bowing Uppermoons.

"Let's go." Tanjiro and the Uppermoons then vanished.