- S I X T Y T W O -

~ phil's pov ~

"hello, ***** high school how can i help you?" mrs. hall answered, i had spoke to her many times since techno and wilbur started school when they rang home for fights or whatever.

"hi, phil watson here, thomas simons in year 9 is ill" i reply

"alright thank you, can i do anything else for you?"

"yeah, can i also speak to mr. hill please?"

"of course, i'll put you through now"

"thanks"

i listened to the music that was being played as the call was being transferred until someone finally picked up the phone.

"Mr. Hill, how can i help?" he answered.

"hi, phil watson here, tommys foster carer just wanted to talk to you about him"

"oh hi i've been meaning to call you today, is he alright he's not in today is he?"

"he's fine don't worry just not feeling to good"

"that's good" he added "so i just wanted to talk to you about tommy and his misophonia, is that what is was called?"

"yeah, he has noise cancelling headphones but he doesn't wear them as often as i thought he would"

"that's understandable, i did give him a pair yesterday when he went to the library with techno, if he doesn't want to bring a pair in from home i can give him a pair every morning from the office"

"he mentioned, thank you for that and i'll talk to him about it"

"it's no problem, i also wanted to talk about tommys behaviour as well"

"yeah, i was gonna ask how he had been since he came back yesterday"

"i was looking at his reports for classes from this week and around the school, he's been late for most of his lessons and in most classes he has been quite poorly behaved" he read out which made me sigh "disruptive in classes and in the corridors when walking past classrooms by poking his head in and shouting apparently"

"oh god, i'm sorry about this" i put my head in my hand "is there anything else?"

"no there isn't but his report for his one art class that he has had so far is that he is an incredible artist and keeps to himself the whole lesson" i smiled at that "his maths one also says that tommy is extremely smart but lets himself down with his behaviour"

"at least it's not all negative" i try to lighten it up a bit "he really enjoys art, he's drawn a few things for us since he's been here and he's very talented"

"i'll have to get him to show me some of his drawings" he chuckled.

"i'm sure he'd be more than happy to show you some"

"that would be great" he sighed positively "well, if that's all i'm gonna need to get going now but please do call if you have anymore concerns"

"thank you, bye" i responded before ending the call.

i put my phone in my pocket and went back to the kitchen where tommy was eating a bowl of coco pops, still looking quite tired from his sleep.

"what did he say?" he asks after finishing the food in his mouth, at least he has manners was my thought.

"he told me about your behaviour in some of your lessons and if you want to keep that PC of yours upstairs i'd suggest you change your ways"

"i'm not even that bad! he's over exaggerating it"

"he's not though tommy, he's reading it off your profile from multiple teachers" i tell him "there wasn't only bad things though so if you can be good in some lessons then you can be good in the rest"

"them classes are boring though, you try sitting there and listening to something you're not interested in for hours on end"

"i did many years ago and now i have a job which you need to get when you leave school"

"whatever phil, i'm going upstairs" he said before muttering "why do adults always complain?"

"because you know how to get under our skin" i chuckled as he stomped upstairs.

two updates today bc i have 13 drafts :))