- O N E H U N D R E D & F O R T Y T H R E E -

cw/tw - physcosis/hallucinations

~ tommys pov ~

i woke up to the beeping sound of the monitor and puffy still sat there staring at the tv just like she said she would be, i let my eyes readjust to the light before clearing my throat and slowly trying to sit up which caught puffys attention.

"morning tommy" she chuckled "sleep well?"

"yeah" i nodded.

my head felt dizzy and i could hear a voice talking to me, it was mable. i had seen her before and i talk about her a lot, i usually refer to her as the 'old lady' but she's much more than that, she's special to me and i haven't seen her in a while but all i know is that she's coming back to me.

i see her in the corner sitting on the chair, she was knitting like she usually did. she used to make me beanies, scarves and loads more, i loved them lots but i don't know where they went. she gave me them and not even an hour later they were gone, it really confused me.

"hi tommy, it's been a while" she smiles.

"i know, i missed you" i reply.

"tommy who are you talking to?" puffy asks.

"mable"

i hear puffy let out an audible sigh, she has never liked mable and i don't know why. maybe she just hasn't got to know her like i have.

"oh right, how's she doing?"

i shrug "ask her yourself"

"i'm okay"

puffy just nodded and smiled "i think you're being discharged tomorrow, you excited?"

"yeah i guess" i shrug "where am i going?"

"it's being arranged later on and hopefully if everything's well you should be going tomorrow"

"okay" i simply reply before looking over to the corner "mable's making me some gloves for christmas, isn't that cool?"

"yeah tommy it is, what colour are they?"

i look over and see her with blue and red wool in her lap "blue and red! my favourite colours"

"that's exciting, i've got to go make a call tommy so i'll be back in a minute"

"okay" i nod.

i was nervous about her leaving the room and being alone but then i remembered that i had mable sitting and talking to me in the corner of the room so i was safe with her.

i watched as she quickly knitted the blue and red gloves for me, her hair was short, curly and grey just like i remember from a year ago. i wasn't close enough but i hoped she still had the smell of flowers like she always had, i loved giving her hugs, the main reason being the smell of her perfume.

"don't trust them tommy" she tells me.

"trust who?" i ask.

"the doctors, puffy and whoever you're going to next, they're all bad for you tommy, only i know what's best for you"

she was right, i shouldn't trust any of them. mable always knew what was best for me ever since i met her, i was sad when she left but now she's back and all in my life would hopefully be right again.

AUTHORS NOTE

how are you guys and how did you
like this chapter?

i'd love to hear your guys' opinions
on my writing as it helps improvement
and with ideas a lot!!