- O N E H U N D R E D & T H I R T Y F O U R -

~ third person pov ~

harry watched as tommy walked into their maths class and sat down next to him, he noticed the painful looking black eye that he had forming. he realised that it wasn't there yesterday so where could i come from?

"where've you been tommy?" their teacher asks.

"i woke up late" he replies.

"alright well your book is on your table so get the date down"

harry furrowed his eyebrows at tommy and whispered "what happened to your eye?"

"it's doesn't matter" he responded not making eye contact.

he didn't want to even speak to harry because his excuse was that he got angry while at harry's house and he's pretty sure harry would know if he's lying. plus, he can't go round telling multiple different stories because they'll find out eventually.

"did you have a fight?" harry asks.

"no, i just got angry" tommy replies.

"at what?"

"a game i was playing"

"i thought you didn't have an xbox or anything"

"fine, i just had an argument with my aunty that's it. will you leave my alone now?"

"did she hit you?"

tommy froze for a second "pft no, she wouldn't do that"

"oh right, well does it hurt?"

"a bit but it's fine"

tommy turned away and looked towards the teacher who was talking but harry wasn't convinced, he was good at reading people and their lies. there was something going on that he needed know about, he continued to look at tommy every now and again in class watching as his breathing picked up while he zoned out.

it was really obvious something was up even though tommy tried to hide it, harry could see right through it unlike others and he was worried.

after maths had finished harry had told tommy he was going the toilet but in reality he was going to the head of year hoping they would do something because surprisingly the school don't actually do a lot often but he wanted his friend to be safe.

he knocked on the office door hearing a 'come in!' from the inside meaning he could enter which he did do "haven't seen you in here for a while harry, you in trouble?"

harry usually got in trouble quite often, that's why he's in the same set as tommy. they both have a history of misbehaving and were put into a different set so they can't distract other students which actually made the teens act out more.

"no i haven't done anything" he sat down on the comfy seats in the corner of the office "you know tommy?"

he nods "yeah spoke to him earlier, why?"

"you seen his eye?" he nods again "he told me he got angry when he had an argument with his aunty but i don't think he did it himself"

"are you saying that you think think she did?"

"yeah"

"how come you think that?"

"he told me at first that he got angry at a game but he doesn't have an xbox or anything so he can't play a game but then he told me what i just told you, he's obviously lying"

"i think you're just overthinking it harry, get to class"

"no i'm being serious! if you don't do something i will"

"alright well i'll ring home later and find out the actual reasoning"

"if you ring home he'll get in more trouble"

"trust me harry, it'll be fine"

AUTHORS NOTE

sorry for the slow updates but i'm
hitting a writers block atm and i'm
really sorry for that but i'm here
with more self-promotion for my
sbi oneshots as i have no clue on
what to write but hopefully you
guys can request in the comments
or dm me privately! :D