- S I X T Y N I N E ;) -

tw/cw - mentions of self harm & blood

~ tommys pov ~

i woke up again, for some reason i can never get a full nights sleep without waking up and going to techno has helped me actually get to sleep but i couldn't go to his room. not after what he said earlier anyway.

i didn't know what to do, i didn't want to wake phil and wilbur up. the only person i could go to was techno and although he said those things i didn't mind, people have said worse and i have to move on with it.

i slowly crept over to technos room trying to be as quiet as possible, i knock on the door and i get no answer so i knock again finally getting an answer.

he peaked his head through the door crack "what do you want tommy i'm in the middle of something"

"i can't sleep, i know you're mad at me and you don't want me here but could i please come in?"

"i'm not mad at you, of course you can come in buddy just wait a minute alright" i nod and wait for him to be done.

in the mean time i hear shuffling around inside which confused me slightly, it made me wonder what he must have been doing before i came in there.

he opened the door up with a big smile while welcoming me in but i still noticed the marks of where tears had rolled down his face, it was obvious techno wasn't okay.

"how are you techno?" i asked as i sat down on his bed.

he seemed a bit taken back by this question, his body seemed to have frozen for a quick second before he answered.

"i'm doing alright tommy, what about you?"

"i'm fine"

"you sure?" he sat down next to me "i said some mean things earlier that i shouldn't have said and i didn't mean them"

"why did you say it then?" i look down as i fiddled with my fingers.

he sighed "i don't know and i know i can't take it back but i'm sorry and i don't blame you if you don't accept my apology"

"no i accept it dont worry techno"

"thanks bud, come here"

he wrapped his arm around my shoulder and as he did it i felt some sort of damp substance on my upper arm, i look over and see a glimpse of red on my grey sleeve. i look up to techno in confusion, i didn't understand what it was at first until the realisation kicked in.

"techno why is your arm bleeding?" i ask him already knowing the answer.

"um" he began to stutter as he pulled his arm close to him "its not, i don't know what you're talking about"

"why is there blood on my shirt then?"

techno stood up and looked out the door before closing it and walking back over to me in a hurry.

"tommy don't say anything to anyone, it can be our secret alright?"

"no techno, if you're hurting yourself you should tell someone like your dad" i tell him "he loves you and will help you"

by now technos eyes were tearing up again "no tommy it's fine, i only did it once and i won't do it again i promise. just please don't tell him"

"what about wilbur?"

he shakes his head "no you can't tell him either"

"why not?"

"because if you do they will kick you out"

that made me freeze for a moment, i didn't want phil to kick me out. i liked it here, i have friends in school and actually enjoyed a house for the first time.

"really?" i ask.

"yep, he will ring mrs. puffy and you'll be out of here so quick"

"okay, i won't but can i ask something?"

"sure"

"why do you do it?"

"because it's normal tommy, everyone does it"

"should i do it?"