- S E V E N T Y -

cw/tw - mentions of self harm & blood

~ technos pov ~

"should i do it?"

my eyes widened at that question. i know it's bad to lie about these things, especially to someone like tommy who has been put through so much since he was young but i couldn't let him tell dad or wilbur.

"no tommy, it's only for the oldest child but no one talks about it, you're not supposed to" i lie quickly.

"why? because if everyone does it then shouldn't it be a normal thing to talk about"

"you don't talk about how you went to the toilet do you?"

"yeah i do actually" he replies.

i sigh "right, but do other people tell you what they do in the toilet?"

he shakes his head "no"

"exactly because no one wants to know, just like this so don't say a word you hear me?"

"yes techno" he goes silent for a moment until speaking again "what about wilbur?"

"what do you mean?"

"well does he do it as well considering you're both the oldest?"

"no i'm the oldest tommy, we are twins but i'm older by a couple of minutes, does it make sense?"

"yeah thanks techno, can i get a new shirt?"

"sure, i'll give you one of mine"

"thanks"

i search through my wardrobe and find an old hoodie of mine from a while back that was too small for me now. i hand tommy it and wait for him to change into it.

"this is really comfy" he looks down at it "i like they design as well"

"you can keep it if you want" i smile.

"really?"

"yeah it's too small for me anyway" i tell him as i look over to the floor where tommys shirt was laying "pass me your shirt, i'll wash it for you"

"can phil not do it?"

"no it's fine, he already does enough around the house"

"okay here you go" he picks it up and hands it to me.

"thanks, i'm gonna go to the bathroom and freshen up so you stay here alright?"

he nodded his head as i left the room quietly and made my way to the bathroom to put a bandage on my arm, i go to the cabinet underneath the sink grabbing the bandages and disinfectant wipes to make sure the cuts were clean.

i pulled my hoodie sleeve up and put the wipes against my arm it begins to sting quite a lot, i grind my teeth together and push through the pain. after i had finished with the wipes i flushed them down the toilet, i know you're not supposed to but i couldn't risk dad finding the wipes in the trash.

once i had made sure they flushed right down the toilet i unraveled the bandages and carefully around my arm until they were completely covered, i was clean for so long and i had to go and mess it. i almost got caught as well so was it really worth it? no but i still did it anyway.

"techno?" i hear dad at the door knocking.

"yeah" i try to make sure my voice doesn't break.

"what you doing mate?"

"just going the toilet, i'll be out in a minute"

"alright, make sure you get some sleep"

"i will dad don't worry"

"night son, i love you"

"night, i love you too" tears began to fall down my cheeks.

after he had walked away i quickly walked out of the bathroom and headed to my room where tommy was already fast asleep in my bed, my smile grows slightly at the sight. i've never had a proper younger brother like tommy, i mean we've had a few foster kids stay with us before but never ones like tommy.

he's different to the others, i'm not sure why though.