- S E V E N T Y E I G H T -

cw/tw - mention of parent loss

~ tommys pov ~

i left the school building after an uneventful day and see puffys car parked outside, i was supposed to be going to their house again tonight on my own and to say i was nervous was an understatement.

"hiya tommy! you ready for tonight?" she asks as i get inside the car.

"not really" i shrug.

"you'll be fine don't worry, if you need me you have my number and so do they"

"i know but what about when we eat?"

she begins driving out of the car park of the school and on the road to their house.

"they know about it tommy, you don't have to hide it"

"it's embarrassing! how do you think i feel? i cry over the sounds that people see right past, i feel like a seven year old who can't control its emotions"

"i know tommy, i can't say i know how it feels because i don't but i'm here for you" she consoles me "have you got your headphones?"

"no i don't take them to school, they'll get broken and people will make fun of me so id rather not"

"alright, you sure you'll be okay without them?"

"yeah, i've survived without them before"

"okay toms"

~ T I M E • S K I P ~

we had arrived outside the house and i sat there for a moment contemplating on either running away right now or actually getting on with it and going to their house.

"do you want me to come in with you?" she nudged my shoulder.

"no i'm fine thanks" i say while getting out of the car.

i slam the door shot and walk up to the door, before knocking i turn around to see she still hadn't left yet. she winds the window down as i knock on the door raising my eyebrows.

lisa answers the door "hi tommy it's nice to see you again, kaseys hasn't stopped talking about you since you left!"

"oh hi it's nice to you too" i smile.

"would you like to come in?"

"yeah sure" i step in side after waving goodbye to puffy.

as i get into the living room i see nathan sat there watching tv still in his school uniform and i sit next to him. not long after, kasey came running in quite quickly as well.

"tommy!" she shouted and jumped onto the sofa next to me.

"hi kasey" i smiled "are you alright"

she completely ignore my question and proceeds to ask "want to play with my toys?"

"um sure"

"come on then!" she beamed as she loosely grabbed my hand and pulled me away.

she took me to her 'play room' that was full of mostly pink barbies, this was going to be great. she sat down and began pouring things out of her toy box.

i can't lie i was pretty jealous of all these toys she had, when i was younger i would've killed for all the things the two of them had. then again, when i was her age i was wondering where my parents were and why i was now staying in a different home without them.

"tommy you get this one" she hands me a doll with a bright pink dress on "and i get this one"

"why does it have to be so pink? can't you shove some jeans on and make it more boyish?"

"i have a box of clothes here"

she pulls a box from behind her doll house and inside it was tons of different types of clothes for the dolls, there were skirt, dress and jeans. just what i was looking for!

"tommy"

"yes kasey?"

"my mummy and daddy say you get angry, is that true?"

"um yeah it is, but don't worry i won't get angry here"

"when do you get angry?"

"um i don't know" i shrug "say if my brother says something mean, i get pretty mad then but i have medication to stop me although sometimes it doesn't work"

"okay" she shrugged practically ignoring what i said "if you have a brother why are you coming to live with us?"