- O N E H U N D R E D & T W E N T Y -

~ tommys pov ~

i was sat in the living room with the adults, they were all going over things like papers or whatever then started telling me a ton of useless information about when i was going to school and stuff, i did hear it all, i was starting on monday and they had all my uniform ready which was great.

"right i best be going now, be good tommy" puffy announced "and if any of you have any problems or questions feel free to ring me"

"of course, thank you puffy" lisa smiled.

the two walked out the room leaving me and steve sat down on the couch in silence until he spoke up "you okay tommy?"

"yeah why?" i ask.

"i know moving can be hard and i know how you feel, just wanted to let you know i'm here for you"

"were you adopted too?"

"no but i moved quite far away when i was your age to here"

"yeah but you were with your family right?" he nods and i respond "so you don't know how i feel, you are all basically strangers that i've been forced to live with"

"we are your real family tommy, we are here for you"

"i don't care if you're my real family or not, i don't know you"

"well let's get to know each other then!" he smiles widely as lisa walks back into the room.

"what are you two talking about then?" she asks clueless to what's going on. i hated him already, she didn't seem to be that bad.

i didn't respond but he did "i was just saying how we should get to know each other a little better"

"that's a great idea! i'll leave you two to it then and i'll get started on the dinner" she beams.

"alright hun"

i forgot about the food, oh my god. the food here is awful, how am i meant to eat it? surely the others taste how bad it is as well don't they? maybe it's just me.

he leaned over to me and whispers "the trick with the food is to just bite it on the side if your mouth and swallow it instantly and you can't taste it"

"so you taste it too?" i ask giggling slightly.

"of course i do, well not anymore because i don't put it anywhere near my tongue but don't even mention it though because she'll go on a mad one about it and we don't want that"

"did you tell her that it was bad?"

"no we were at a party once, like a gathering and my friend told her while he was drunk" he laughed at the memory "she kicked him out and me because i laughed, then the next few weeks she wouldn't talk to me after i told her many times that her food was nice"

"but you lied"

"she doesn't have to know that though"

we both laughed a moment before we both quietened down, although i'm not particularly a fan of him he is quite funny and at least we have something in common. our hatred for lisa's cooking.

after about ten minutes of us getting to know each other it seemed that i was wrong about him, he actually seemed okay. he liked to play football and he even said he'd teach me a thing or two which was great! i don't even like football but maybe i could earn a few friends at school by playing.

AUTHORS NOTE

second update of the day because
i'm feeling generous!!