- O N E H U N D R E D & F O R T Y F O U R -

cw/tw - mentions of abuse, physcosis

~ puffys pov ~

as i left the room i pulled my phone out of my bag and decided to ring tommys old physciatrist, this had happened before and it didn't end well. tommy began to believe that everyone was against him including me.

it lead to him being admitted to hospital for a few weeks, it was stressful for both him and me but he eventually go better but now it's back. last time it happened tommy had been abused mentally and physically, it's happened again but i wasn't going to let 'mable' get to his head this time.

"dr peterson how can i help?" the woman answered.

"hey dr peterson, it's mrs. puffy" i replied "i'm calling about tommy"

"oh hi puffy! is everything alright?"

"tommys at the hospital, he went to a new home and it's not looking good"

"is she back?"

"yeah" i sigh.

"alright, i will need to assess him before i get medication prescribed for him but is it like it was before?"

"no he's just talking to her for now but that was just like last time and i don't want to risk anything"

"okay, do you want him to come here or shall i come to the hospital?"

"he's being discharged tomorrow so it's better for him to come to you, he's got a few broken ribs as well so he's a little fragile" i tell her "it's better if he has a place he's used to like your office, it will be more comfortable"

"yeah of course, i can book him in for wednesday which is two days away, how do you think he'll cope?"

"that will be great thanks, he should be fine but if not i'll give you a call"

"alright i'll see you on wednesday at one, how does that sound?" i hear a small smile on her face.

"that's perfect thank you! bye" i blush.

i always liked her a little more than friends but i know due to tommy's situation there's no way we could become a thing, she probably doesn't even like me that way anyway so instead i should just go back to looking after tommy because it is my job.

before walking back into the room i decided to get out my phone and ring phil, he's still got a room which was tommy's meaning he has room for an emergency foster and i'm sure they'd be over the moon to have tommy back.

after several rings phil finally answered "hi phil!"

"oh hi puffy, how are you?"

"i'm good thanks, just wondering if you could take in a kid tomorrow?"

"yeah of course, are they a boy or a girl?"

"boy and he's thirteen, he's in hospital right now so he'll be a little fragile"

"alright, i'll tell the boys to be careful with him"

"thank you, i'll call you tomorrow to let you know the time we're coming"

"of course, i'll see you tomorrow puffy"

"see you tomorrow phil" i said before ending the phone call and heading back to tommys room.

he was sat on his phone which i had got from the house as well as his other belongings which were in my car, the reason i called phil is because he is willing to take in any kid but because tommy knows all of them and he's the only family tommy has got along with like that.

christmas is in the next few days as well and i wanted him to be in a house where he felt safe, there are so many kids around the world without a family including tommy and i know that at christmas it's even harder.

he never liked christmas so i was hoping that being in a home where people he knew and actually cared about would lift his spirit ever so slightly.

AUTHORS NOTE

sorry for not uploading the past
few days i've been busy, if you
want more updates on the book
then i recommend following me
because i let you guys know what's
going on there! i know it's a little
bit of self promotion but oh well :D