- O N E H U N D R E D & F O U R T E E N -

~ tommys pov ~

when we got home i went straight up to my room, the car drive was mostly silently except from when we first got inside the vehicle.

i didn't know why i was going home but i didn't mind, it was half a day off school which was just a treat today. i didn't get in trouble  except for the tiny incident in maths but that was no reason to get home and i still don't understand why techno was there either. i basically got no answers but i pushed the thoughts out of my head and got into bed to sleep.

it only took a few minutes before i was fast asleep, i don't know how long i was asleep for but when i woke up it was the morning once again and i was getting ready for school again.

my whole life is moving by so fast and i don't even get a say in what happens, it's crazy. i would do anything to live a normal childhood, the kids in my class have never had to worry about who their next guardian is or whether they'll actually get fed and the fact that they take it all for granted hurts.

i stopped thinking about my life and how it could be different because no matter how much i wish for a normal life it will never happen and that's just a sad fact that i'll have to live with i guess.

"tommy you're gonna be late!" i hear wilbur on the other side of my door say.

"yeah yeah i'm up" i groan.

"alright, we're leaving in five minutes"

"okay!"

i slowly get up and head over to my wardrobe which is basically empty because all my things are packed for tomorrow, the day i'm leaving. i get changed out of my clothes i slept in and quickly got changed into my new ones because i knew techno and wilbur would be moaning at me to hurry up.

before leaving my room i take a quick look in the mirror and brush my hands through my hair to make sure it looks as perfect as it usually does. surprisingly, when you wake up your hair doesn't look the greatest.

as i get downstairs and into the kitchen phil was the only one sitting there who greeted me before handing me a piece of toast that i could eat on the way to school. i shove on my shoes which weren't even on properly as my heels were hanging out of the jack of them and leave the house with techno and wilbur with the slice of toast just about in my mouth.

"wait there tommy" techno stops us "put your shoes on properly and finish your food"

"no it's fine we can keep walking" i reply but they probably couldn't understand half of what i was saying as my speech was muffled from the toast.

"i'm serious, put your shoes on properly and swallow your food"

once i swallow the food i finally reply to him "why are you acting like phil"

"because you're walking around like a slob and you're not a slob are you?"

"i dunno" i shrug while pushing my heels into my shoes and once i was done i look back up at him "done! can we go now?"

"yes" he huffed while ruffling my hair.

"hey, don't touch the hair!" i complain "i did it this morning"

"no you didn't, you put your hand through it once"

"well it's the thought that counts"

"sure tommy, sure"