- E I G H T Y T H R E E -

~ tommys pov ~

i rush over to phil's house to ask him if i could stay at tubbos, my first sleepover ever could possibly be tonight if he just says yes.

"phil, i'm back!" i shout.

"hiya tommy, you alright?" he asks.

"um can i stay at tubbos tonight?" i contain my excitement.

"yeah, did schlatt say it's alright?"

i nod "yeah and thank you, i gotta go pack"

"alright don't make a mess"

"i won't"

i rush out of the living room and to my bedroom, i didn't know exactly what to pack so i decided to go to wilbur to help me. he's seems like the type of guy who has had many sleepovers in his lifetime so he was the only reliable source in my mind.

"wilbur!" i knock on his door.

"what's up?" he asks.

"can i come in?"

after receiving a quick 'yeah' from him i open the door and see him lying in bed still making me chuckle.

"what do you need toms?"

"i'm staying at tubbos but i've never been to a sleepover so i don't know what to pack, can you help me?"

he stands up and stretches "sure, let's go"

"thanks" i smile as i leave his room and head to my room.

"you got a bag?"

"um yeah"

i grab my school bag and tip it upside down letting everything spill out, i was going to get the bag that i had when i first got here but that was going to break any moment so i just leave that in my wardrobe.

"you haven't got much in your bag have you?" he says sarcastically, there was so much rubbish in there that i don't even remember putting there.

"whatever, so what do i pack?"

"grab whatever you sleep in then some clothes for tomorrow but i doubt you'll need that cause you only live across the street, then just a toothbrush and stuff like that"

"oh that's pretty easy, why did i make such a big deal out of this?"

"yeah it is easy, i remember my first sleepover and we tried to stay up all night but failed and went to sleep at ten pm"

"who's did you stay at?"

"technos room, it was one of the first nights that dad adopted us and he let us stay up as long as we wanted but we didn't get far"

"that's cool, i'm gonna be sad to go" i admit

"but i thought you had a good time yesterday"

"yeah but doesn't mean i want to go, plus the foods better here"

"especially the tacos"

"yep!"

"you better start packing now tommy, do you want me to stay or will you be fine?"

"i'll be alright" i nod.

i begin pulling clothes out of my wardrobe, i grab some pajama pants and a t-shirt for when i go to sleep. i head to the bathroom and grab my toothbrush as well as a hairbrush because my hair gets quite messy after i sleep. once i made sure i had everything packed i make my way downstairs.

"you ready then?"

"yep, bye phil"

"wait there tommy i need to ask you something"

"what is it?"

"lisa and steve were wondering if you wanted to stay at theres next week?"

"um sure why not, anyway i gotta go now"

"alright bye mate" he chuckled.

i head out the door making sure to close it behind me before making my way over to tubbos with a smile on my face, after knocking on the door i was greeted by schlatt who had a bottle of beer in his hand.

he wasn't drunk and it was obvious, he was probably just having one bottle of beer for the night because adults do that when they have kids to ease the stress or something.

"hey kid, come in tubbos upstairs in his room" he opens the door more so i could step in.

"alright, thanks for having me"

"it's no problem, have a good time"

AUTHORS NOTE

thank you for 60k reads!
i would've never imagined
this many reads on a book
in my life so thank you for
that & don't forget to vote
as it helps a lot with
motivation <33