Chapter 2

After a few days...

Evie goes to the kitchen where her mother cooks something. The woman seems so absorbed in the vegetables she chops that she doesn't see her daughter coming inside. Evie looks at the table intently and asked fearfully:

"Mom?"

Olivia raises her head and her blue eyes stare at her daughter. She doesn't put a smile on her face. Nothing. She looks down at what she was doing just now and continues to chop, saying:

"Do you want something?"

"Yes... You know... Today, after I will come home from work I want to go to Amelie's house. I hope it's ok. I won't stay long."

"Do not stay more than 2 hours. Do you understand?" Her mother says, looking down, severely.

"Yes," Evie nods and grins sadly. "I have to go now."

"Bye," says her mother simply, not looking at her.

Evie gets out of the house as soon as possible. She leaves the house and gets in her car and turns on the engine and starts her journey to work. She is 20 years old and most of her young people like her are in college. She was too. But her mother had fallen ill at the time and she had to drop up and return home. She now works as a hotel receptionist. Is she happy? No. Of course not. She had other plans and dreams. She wants to go back there. And she plans this. But she needs time and money. Her mother does not support her at all. She seemed to see only her and God. She doesn't see her needs either. If she ever saw them.

After a few hours...

After her work shift is over, Evie heads to her cousin's house. She lives alone. She moved alone three years ago. Amelie is two years older than her. And knowing her problems with her mother, she invited her to stay with her many times. But Evie politely refused every time. She doesn't want to be a burden to her cousin. Although Amelie doesn't seem bothered. She even told her that she would like to have someone live with her. Evie wants to be independent and take her own home. She plans to do this as soon as possible. She doesn't know how much she can resist mentally with her mother in the same house.

Finally, she stops the car in front of her cousin's house. But something catches her attention and she seems very suspicious. Another car is here. The brunette doesn't know who it may be, but she knows one thing for sure. It's an expensive car. She could work all her life and she could never afford such a car.

Anyway, she leaves that thought aside and open the gate and enter on her cousin's property. Is she in the house? Does she have guests? Then why did she tell her to come to her? She asks all these questions as she walks to the front door, but suddenly stops and hear laughters. She stays still for a while and listens to them. They are coming from the backyard. There she also hears a splash of water. Amelie has a pool in the backyard. She goes there and her face falls when she sees her cousin jumping into the pool water. There is someone in the water with her. A man. It's Tommy Lee! The member of the Motley Crue band that Amelie met a few days ago. Amelie laughs and goes to Tommy and the two kiss.

"Amelie?" Evie asks, slightly confused.

"Oh, Evie!" Amelie looks at Evie a little surprised, although she was waiting for her to come. The brunette lifts her sunglasses over her eyes to take a better look. "How glad I am that you have finally arrived! Come here!"

"No thanks," Evie grimaces. "I don't want to ruin your fun. Anyway, Amelie, I thought you'd be alone."

"Oh, sorry I didn't tell you," Amelie smiles and her gaze slid to Tommy, who hugs her even tighter and kisses her on the cheek. "Anyway, there's someone else to keep you company," says Amelie with a sly look.