Chapter 49

August 1993...

Evie looks at her two children, Asher, who is almost 4 years old, and Raelynn, who will turn 2 years old next month. Both children are playing with Heather and Tommy's children. Laura, who is 7 years old and her sister, Megan, who will turn 2 years old in a few days.

All 4 children run in the garden, on Evie's and Nikkis property. Heather is with her. Both women are sitting on sunbeds, looking at their children.

Heather glances at her happy daughters. All you can see on her face is anger and unhappiness. Something bad happened about her family. Two months ago, she and Tommy decided to divorce. The divorce ended two months later. A few days ago. She and Tommy have joint custody of their daughters. When she married Tommy 7 years ago, she adopted Laura, so she is her legal mother. That is why she was able to be given joint custody to her eldest daughter.

Every day Megan looks like her father. Although she inherited her mother's blond hair and blue eyes, she has her father's facial features and looks like Laura, who is a combination of Tommy and her biological mother, Amelie. And on top of that, Heather says that Megan also inherited her father's personality, which gives her a real headache.

"How glad I am to see them smile and laugh," Heather says with a melancholy look.

"They'll be happy, you'll see," Evie says with a sympathetic look. "It is a difficult time for everyone now. But you'll be fine."

"It happened just before Megan's second birthday," says the sad blonde and looks at her little daughter hugging Evie's daughter, Raelynn. "I don't know what this birthday will be like for her."

"She won't even remember, Heather," Evie smiles softly. "She is only 2 years old."

"Laura is old enough to understand what's going on," Heather turns her painful gaze to Evie, tears in her blue eyes. "I explained to her everything was going on. That mommy and daddy will live in separate houses and as she and her sister will live with me, but on weekends they will go to their father. But she is still sad. She says she wants to stay with her father. You know... Now she's still young... I'm afraid that when she grows up, she'll choose to live with Tommy. Not that it would be bad, but it would mean that she and Megan would live in different houses. I don't want that for them. I want both sisters to live in the same house..."

"Hey, hey, take a deep breath," Evie says putting a hand on her arm, trying to calm her down. "Everything will be alright. Don't forget that your daughters can feel that you are stressed. You have to be strong for them."

"Thank you, Evie," Heather smiles sadly. "You are with me during this difficult time."

"And I will always be," Evie smiles softly at her. "Any problem you have, you can come to me and I will listen to you and maybe I will help you if I can. You can come when you want with Laura and Megan, to play with Asher and Raelynn. They seem like good friends."

"I received the same invitation from Sharise. Skylar loves to spend time with Laura and Megan. Especially with Megan because they are close in age."

Evie smiles. Her kids spend time with Skylar too. Asher always asks about Skylar. Although Sharise and Vince's daughter is close to Raelynn's age, she prefers Asher's presence. It seems that there is already a close connection between them. Although Vince has not been in the band for a year, they are still close because their children love to spend time together.

"I hope you never go through what I'm going through now" Heather tells Evie, bringing her to reality because her mind was far away. "I hope you and Nikki are always together. Nowadays a lot of people divorce."

"Thank you," Evie smiles. "I also hope that everything will be fine between us. So far, so good. He is the perfect husband and father."

"I'm glad to hear that," Heather smiles sadly and looks at her daughters again.

After a few days...

Laughter can be heard in the Sixx family home. Asher and Raelynn run around the house and behind them comes their father shouting at them:

"Kids! No more running! We have to go! We'll be late!"

And behind Nikki runs their dog, Rexx. But the little ones continue their run and their father stops in front of his and his wife's bedroom, gasping at how much he ran after them. He looks in the room, because the door is open and he sees his wife sitting with her back to the bed. She doesn't move, nor does she make a sound.

Confused, he enters the room, goes to bed and asks:

"Babe? Are you ok?"

He arrives in front of his wife and a few tears on her face. He worries about seeing her in such a state, so he quickly sits down on the bed, takes her hand in his and asks her once more:

"My dear, what happened? Why are you crying?"

Evie looks at him and although she still has tears in her eyes, she smiles and replies to Nikki, wiping her tears with her wrist:

"Sorry... are my hormones I guess..."

"Okay," Nikki stares at her uncertainly. "I'm worried for you. What happens?"

She smiles broadly, takes his hand in hers, and says:

"I wasn't around you and the kids and I was crying because... I just found out I am pregnant!"

"What the?" Nikki winces slightly and his eyes widen. "You really are..." His gaze slips to her stomach. "Are you sure?"

"Very sure," she nods, smiling. "The doctor confirmed this to me a few minutes ago. You know... when you were with the kids... He even scheduled my first ultra-sound. I can't wait to go! I hope everything is ok! Isn't that wonderful?"

"Of course it's wonderful," Nikki smiles and takes her face in his hands and kisses her on the lips briefly. "We'll have another bundle of joy. How could it not be wonderful? But it will be madness in this house... Three children and a big dog? But it will be wonderful. It's going to be a beautiful madness. I can't wait."

"I can't wait to see Asher and Raelynn's reaction when we tell them about their sibling. But let's wait until after Meghan's birthday party."

"Of course, darling. I think that's a good idea. I can't wait to see their reaction too," Nikki says and strokes her cheek. "Today you gave me great news. I love you so much."

"I love you more," she says, smiling, and she approaches her husband and kisses him.