Chapter 4

A/N

Hey my dears! Play the song when I will point!

After a few days...

Evie opens the front door of the house and prepares to leave, but a voice shouts at her:

"Where do you think you're going, young lady?"

Olivia calls her. The girl sighs and turns to her mother who looks at her harshly. But the brunette is used to this look she has been seeing for 20 years.

"I'm going to Amelie's, mom."

"You go to her quite often..." Olivia says and approaches her.

"She's not feeling well. I told you before. Who cares for her but me?" Evie raises her hands, gesturing.

"Is she sick?" Olivia's blue eyes narrow. "What exactly does she have?"

"She has a stomach bug," Evie lies. "Now I really have to go," and without saying anything to her mother, she leaves the house closing the door.

She gets in the car and turns on it quickly with her eyes on the door of the house, hoping not to see her mother coming out of there. Fortunately, this does not happen. She breathes a sigh of relief and continues to drive. In about 20 minutes she arrives in front of her cousin's house. She gets out of the car and quickly enters the house, worried for Amelie.

Evie knows that her cousin feel so nauseous and throw up a lot and can barely eat anything. And it seems that she does it again, because she hears her throw up from the bathroom. She sighs and approaches the door, knocking on it:

"Amelie? Are you okay there?"

Nothing is heard for a few moments. Finally, her cousin answers in a weak voice:

"I'm alive, Ev. But not ok."

"Oh my God. Can I come in?" Evie's eyes widen with concern.

"Of course. The door is open."

Evie puts her hand on the doorknob and opens the door immediately. She sees Amelie kneeling in front of the toilet. She tries to get up, but does not succeed being too weak. Her cousin hurries to her, helping her. She takes her hand and helps her to get up.

"You don't look well at all," Evie is worried. "Did you eat anything today?"

"Yes... And immediately after I vomited it here," Amelie gestures at the toilet bowl.

Evie grimaces, feeling like she's going to throw it soon too.

"Maybe something is wrong?" She asks. "I think you should go to the doctor."

"I've been already. These are just normal nausea. Tomorrow I will have the first ultrasound," there is a smile on Amelie's fatigued face. "Oh, Evie! I will see my baby for the first time!"

"This is wonderful. I can't wait to come with you tomorrow!" Evie smiles broadly.

"I wonder what Tommy is doing now..." Amelie's smile disappears and she looks sad.

"Hey, stop thinking about him. Think of the baby. It is his loss if he doesn't want this baby."

"However, I can't believe how easy he told me to have an abortion."

"Maybe he's sorry he said that. Has he called you yet?"

"No..." Amelie nods sadly. "But I don't need him to raise this baby anyway."

"You'll have me, anyway," Evie smiles.

"Oh, Evie! Only now did I realize that because of my fight with Tommy I ruined your and Nikki's date! I'm so sorry!"