Chapter 67

After 2 months...

Evie wakes up after she couldn't sleep properly last night. Her back hurts so much. She is 36 weeks pregnant and feels so exhausted. She sighs and gets out of bed. Another hard day.

That evening, after arguing with Nikki, he came immediately and knocked on the door to open it, apologizing. But she didn't want to hear anything. She heard enough from him. The accusation that she cheated on him hurt her enormously.

Everything had to go back to normal, right? He had come from Rehab, and he was fine. And their divorce never happened again. They would be happy again. Now... The divorce continues. Tomorrow they both will have to meet to determine the custody of the children. Tomorrow will be a long and difficult day.

Evie left the house with the children and rented a house on the beach. The house she's in now. Nikki didn't hesitate to call her and apologize, but she seemed relentless. Saying firmly "no." She knows it hurts him, but his hurt words hurt her too.

Evie sighs and gets out of bed and walks out of her bedroom to the children's rooms. She checks all 5 of them in turn, looking carefully at them from the door frame. She smiles and returns to the bedroom.

There she goes to the bathroom. The brunette goes to the tub and lets the water flow into it, to fill it. In the meantime, she takes off all her clothes and then dives into the tub, the warm water invigorating her senses.

She looks down at her tummy and puts her hands on it. The baby will be born soon and she and his father are in the middle of a divorce process. This is not a good time to have a baby. But there is no other way. That's how it was predestined to be.

After a while, Evie gets up from the tub and takes a towel and dries her body and then she puts a cotton robe on her. She goes to the bedroom and lies down on the chair at the dressing table. Her hair is damp and she takes a brush and combs it. Suddenly something crept into her mind. Staring into the mirror, she pulls her hair away from the back of her neck and takes a mirror from the table and leads it behind her to the back of her neck. She looks in the mirror from her hand and her eyes twinkle. There's the tattoo that she did it 13 years ago, before she found out she was pregnant with Asher. Nikki's miraculous eyes look so perfect on her skin. And below it is written "The most beautiful eyes in the world are in love with me." Nikki has her angel-winged portrait tattooed on the back of his neck, and it is written "My angel without wings is my biggest inspiration."

Evie sighs at the thought of Nikki. Does he have the same reaction when he looks at the tattoo on his neck?

She lowers her hair and puts the mirror back on the table, tears coming to her eyes, which she wipes away immediately. After all, why did he do that? That hurt her so much. Now ... if she will divorce Nikki ... that tattoo will stay there. So will b the one on her chest that she is looking at now, putting aside the robe on her chest.

'Now that's dark around,

I'm thinking about you more and more,

How I wish I was by your side now. '

That's how it's tattooed on her chest. Nikki has a tattoo identical to hers. Which they did in 1985. Not long after they met. Evie wanted to have it on her chest after Nikki left a note with this text when she woke up. This was 16 years ago.

Evie sighs at the thought of Nikki. Does he have the same reaction when he looks at the tattoo on his neck?

She lowers her hair and puts the mirror back on the table, tears coming to her eyes, which she wipes away immediately. After all, why did he do that? That hurt her so much. Now... if she will divorce Nikki... that tattoo will stay there. So will be the one on her chest that she is looking at now, putting aside the robe on her chest.