Chapter 40

After two months...

Nikki's caring hands caress the tummy that has grown so much. Evie is sitting on the couch, in his lap. She stares at the tummy, smiling. She is 40 weeks pregnant and she's waiting with Nikki for this baby to be born. The baby is kicking harder and harder, as if it is no longer taking place inside.

"The little one is not moving now," Nikki says to Evie, smiling at the tummy.

"Our baby is probably sleeping," Evie smiles. "It's been moving all day today. Maybe it's tired."

"I'm going to the kitchen," Nikki says, and gets up carefully from the couch so as not to disturb Evie. "Do you want me to bring you something?"

"No need, babe. I'm okay," she smiles softly.

Nikki goes to the kitchen and Evie is left alone in the living room. But not long after, one of the housekeeprs comes and says to her with a nervous face:

"Mrs. Sixx? Someone came to visit you."

"Oh, who?" Evie asks and gets up from the couch, holding on to her baby bump. "We weren't expecting anyone. I mean, no one called us and said he was coming."

"I don't know who is it... It's a woman. She says she wants to talk to you and Mr. Sixx. She said it was very important."

"Oh, okay," Evie is getting more and more confused. "Where is she now? Did you invite her home?"

"No. She's outside. In front of the door. I couldn't let her in. She didn't announce she was coming and I don't know who she is."

"You did very well," Evie smiles at the housekeeper and walks to the living room door.

The brunette goes to the foyer, accompanied by the housekeeper. They arrive at the front door, which the housekeeper opens and in front of them is a woman in her 50s who looks eager when she sees Evie. Her eyes fall on her baby bump. She looks up at Evie again and gets a little closer to her, but the brunette stops her and says:

"Stop! Wait a minute... Who are you?"

"Didn't Frankie tell you about me?" The woman asks her with a slightly hurt look.

"Frank?" Evie whispers confused.

She intends to ask the stranger who Frankie is. But a thought crosses her mind.

Frank was Nikki's name before she changed it.

Ok. This is getting weird.

If this woman refers to Evie's husband by his birth name... It means that she is someone from his past.

"No..." Evie stares at her, feeling bewildered. "What's your name? What are you doing here? If you don't answer me right away, you'll be out of my property!" Evie starts to panic.

"Calm down," the woman speaks gently, trying to calm her down. "I don't want to hurt you. My name is Deana Richards."

This woman's answer still doesn't clear Evie's confusion, who looks away thinking deeply. Who is this woman? Her name is not familiar to her. Nikki knows who she is? He never told her anything about a certain Deana Richards. Wait! He mentioned his mother's name several times! Deana!

The brunette raises her eyes in shock and looks at the woman who smiles weakly at her. Is it possible? She here? But why? And what does she want from them? If she looks at her more... at her face... Her eyes express something familiar to her. She has the same eyes as her husband!

"What are you doing here?"

A harsh voice is heard. Evie looks behind her and sees Nikki frowning at Deana. He, still looking at the woman, goes to his wife and puts a protective hand on her waist.