Chapter 38

A/N

Listen to the song when I will point!

Evie squeezes Nikki's hand, feeling dizzy. Dizziness unrelated to her pregnancy. The doctor is about to tell them something that all 3 of them have been waiting for a long time.

Patrick is also tense and looks at the doctor intently.

He says in a precise voice:

"The biological father is... Mr. Sixx."

Evie and Nikki jump up to hear this, staring at each other, unable to believe what they are being told. But immediately they both smile and hug. Tears of happiness flow to Evie's face, which Nikki quickly wipes away and kisses on the top of her head.

Then they look at Patrick, who gives them an awkward smile and says:

"Congratulations. I wish you all the best and I hope your baby is born healthy. Evie," his gaze is on the brunette, "I know for sure that you will be a wonderful mother."

"Thank you," Evie smiles weakly and starts to feel bad for him even though she is so happy that the baby is Nikki's.

"Congratulations again," Patrick says and leaves the room.

Before he could close the door, Nikki adds with an amused look:

"Someone had slow swimmers."

"Nikki!" Evie shouts at him, astonished at what she hears from him.

Fortunately, Patrick doesn't seem to be heard and closes the door. Evie frowns at Nikki. He shrugs and both look at the doctor, who chuckles. Even the doctor found it funny what Niki said. Evie sighs and nods at Nikki who is grinning. She can't help it anymore and a smile appears on her face. Nothing can ruin this moment.

They both walk out of the clinic holding hands and talking non-stop.

"I felt it was your baby," she says smiling. "I can't wait to tell everyone."

"Tommy is already teasing me about how to raise babies," Nikki smiles.

"He has experience, so you should listen to him," Evie smiles.

They both get to the car, Nikki approaches her, and puts a hand on her tummy, smiling.

"It's growing so fast there, isn't it?" He asks, still looking at her tummy.

"It's the size of a cherry now," Evie smiles and looks down at her tummy. "When I will be 9 months pregnant, it will be the size of a watermelon."

"I can't wait for her or him to be born," Nikki smiles.

"Our baby will be born in November. One month before your birthday. Isn't that wonderful?"

"It is. Just like you are, honey," Nikki says and kisses her.

After two months...

Evie is now four months pregnant and she is at another ultra-sound with Nikki. In the office, she is lying on the examination table, her fiancé beside her, holding her hand. The technician moves the transducer on her tummy which is now obviously bigger.

"Everything is fine," the technician smiles at them. "The baby is growing normally."

They both smile at the screen. Now their baby is better formed. They can see now the hands, head and legs of their baby.

"It's starting to look like a real baby now," says Nikki.

Evie chuckles at his statement.

"Would you like to know the gender?" The technician asks, looking at the screen. "I can tell you now if it's a boy or a girl."